Updating sign in for nFS

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2010
      In the past few days I received a notice from "LDS Accounts" asking me to update my password, and asking me to follow a link they give in the message. I did my password a few weeks ago, and it is working fine.

      Is this an e-mail look alike, the same as I have been getting from a Yahoo look alike?

      Cleadie

    • Tom Huber
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2010
        Call 801 240 4357 (2-4357 from a Church phone in Salt Lake) (select 1
        for English) and then select 3 for accounts. Explain the situation to
        them and ask if they can tell why the system is asking for a password
        change.

        NOTE: This may be a spammer's attempt to obtain an LDS church account
        and access into church records.

        On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 04:35:34 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

        >In the past few days I received a notice from "LDS Accounts" asking me to update my password, and asking me to follow a link they give in the message. I did my password a few weeks ago, and it is working fine.
        >
        >Is this an e-mail look alike, the same as I have been getting from a Yahoo look alike?
        >
        >Cleadie
      • Tom Huber
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 22, 2010
          On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:32:13 -0600, I wrote:

          >Call 801 240 4357 (2-4357 from a Church phone in Salt Lake) (select 1
          >for English) and then select 3 for accounts. Explain the situation to
          >them and ask if they can tell why the system is asking for a password
          >change.
          >
          >NOTE: This may be a spammer's attempt to obtain an LDS church account
          >and access into church records.

          I confirmed that this was a phishing attempt to obtain access to the
          church system. The church sent out (internally) a notice advising that
          any and all who receive this kind of message, should not follow any of
          the links provided, but call the help desk immediately and follow
          their instructions.