Medieval Research and Sync

  • bob.penry
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2010
      Thanks. I notice that the AQ/NFS search has become faster over the past two days. Did either side do some database work that has sped up the search? My wait time was exceeding 30 minutes in some cases. This lag was just unacceptable. If I only had three or four names to sync, then 30 minutes would have been a nuisance but I could live with it. But being able to sync 2 or 3 names daily out of over 500 - no way!
      Today, I have been able to complete 15 names in 2 hours - much better.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2010
        I think that any changes in wait time will have to do with load on the
        NFS side. When NFS gets busy, things slow down. I have heard that Sunday
        afternoons are probably the worst times to work with NFS.

        Gaylon

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2010
          Bob:

          One more thought. If you don't need to carefully verify each link, you
          can dramatically speed this up. Use AQ's "Group Link" capability to
          search dozens or hundreds of records very quickly, then link them based
          on the summary information rather than the full information. You should
          be able to do about 10 per minute, or 600 per hour.

          Gaylon