Sync medieval and earlier names

  • bob.penry
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2010
      I have several thousand relatives with dates before 1400. The problem is trying to synch with NFS. Some sync but others are impossible. For instance, some ancestors have already been combined to the 150 combo limit, but there are still over 80 records uncombined. If I try to synch, AQ searches out all 80 and then trying to look at them causes AQ to hang up and crash. I can look up the individuals in NFS and get the ordinance info which I can enter into AQ, but AQ does not allow entering the NFS ID. This is frustrating. Most of the ordinance work is done, but I still have some individuals who I cannot sync but would like to have everyone in my file have a NFS-ID. I can look up these individuals in NFS to get the ordinances and NFS-ID.
      I found a work-around. I exported those individuals who wouldn't synch as a GEDCOM file. (I also exported one who had been synchronized to get the GEDCOM location and format for the NFS_ID. I then exported the individuals in my file that I could not get to sync to GEDCOM and brought up the GEDCOM file in SQ and manually entered the NFS-ID.
      I then imported this file into my main file (creating a duplicate record) and then did a merge. Those individuals that had me so frustrated now have the NFS-ID's in the file. Kind of slow work, but better than nothing.