Connection with New Family Search

  • marytheresadameron
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2010
      I keep gettin the error message 404; FamilySearch is unable to find the information the information you requested.

      Does anyone know if the servers are overloaded?
    • Jerry Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28, 2010
        Hello Mary:
        I was able to get in and see Me and My Ancestors.
        Jerry
        I keep gettin the error message 404; FamilySearch is unable to find the information the information you requested.

        Does anyone know if the servers are overloaded?

      • Tom Huber
        Message 3 of 3 , May 28, 2010
          On Fri, 28 May 2010 18:09:50 -0000, you wrote:

          >I keep gettin the error message 404; FamilySearch is unable to find the information the information you requested.
          >
          >Does anyone know if the servers are overloaded?

          The system is slow tonight, possibly an overload of people hitting new
          Family Search. This is a known problem for weekends when most LDS work
          on their genealogy. Plans are to replace the current server "farm"
          with one that has higher bandwidth and capacity, but I don't have any
          timeframe for when it is going to happen. We will likely see several
          more iterations of newFamilySearch software before that happens.