Re: [AQ_NFS] Bug Hunter Award

  • Alan Whitcomb
    Message 1 of 5 , May 22, 2010
      If you find a bug there might be an award.

      What is a bug? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bug

      On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 6:13 AM, Susan Roylance <susanroylance@...>wrote:

      > And -- what is the Bug Hunter award for?
      > --
      > Susan Roylance
      > 1693 Peaceful View Way
      > South Jordan, Utah 84095
      > 801-302-9036

    • Stewart Millar
      Message 2 of 5 , May 24, 2010
        Using the "Reserve Ordinance" screen - when all data for an individual has
        been reviewed, updated and synced - if, due to other temple submissions, the
        death date has the phrase "Data not provided" and there is actually a
        recorded Burial date, the Life span column in the "Reserve Ordinance" screen
        does not use the Burial date, but supplies "????" as the death (end of life)
        date.

        I have spent a little time looking for any occurrences where the phrase
        "Data not provided" is not present and there is a Burial date - to see if
        the Burial date is used in the Life Span column - but cannot as yet find any
        examples.

        Not a problem that will cause any incorrect processing - but one that fails
        to convey the very useful intended information.

        Anyone else notice this - and if it is as described above, can it be fixed?

        === Stewart

        PS - The ORTS video is excellent.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 24, 2010
          A couple of weeks ago, I entered a child in AQ. I had only christening and
          burial dates. The child died when he was 8-9 months old, but the system did
          not recognize that he died as an infant. I had to enter a death year before
          it was recognized that he died before the age of 8.

          I don't remember if I ever got the message that "Data not provided".

          I sure wish that a burial date would work as well as a death date, but maybe
          that is something for nFS to work on, not AQ?

          /Gunilla