RE: [AQ_NFS] Import family lines

  • emregister
    Message 1 of 9 , May 13, 2010
      Thanks, again, for the information.

      It would be nice to have the option to select multiple spouses. I know they
      are not direct line but then neither are the children (families) and their
      spouses. Further, I may chose to seal to this second spouse.

      Your timely response to these kinds of questions - especially in a public
      forum is just another reason for choosing AQ over any of the competitors.

      Eric

      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] Import family lines

      Eric:

      Thanks for the details off-line. After looking at this, I think I see
      where the confusion lies.

      AQ's "Import Family Lines" will bring in all the parents of a person --
      whether there is only one set of parents, or perhaps due to duplication,
      there might be multiple sets of parents. Then for each set of parents,
      AQ will import all their children (if you asked for families), and all
      spouses of the children (if you asked for spouses of siblings). However,
      after AQ loads in a set of parents from NFS, it does not examine each
      parent to see if they had other spouses, other than the direct-line
      spouses. These other spouses were not ancestors of the starting person.

      I think that the spouses you are missing are second spouses of direct
      line ancestors -- these spouses are not ancestors of your start person,
      so AQ is not designed to import them.

      Gaylon