Re: [AQ_NFS] New Build of AQ 12.1

  • Scott Scheibe
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 10 12:57 AM
      At 11:11 PM 4/9/2010, Gaylon Findlay wrote:

      I have not been able to get either version to install. It starts and
      then ends with this error " 1607 unable to install shield scripting runtime."

      Scott Scheibe
      <mailto:dsscheibe@...>
      <http://scottsworld.info> Scott's website
      <http://dsscheibe.blogspot.com> Scott Blog
      <http://members.cox.net/dsscheibe/vws/> Scott's Weather Station
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 15, 2010
        All:

        We released a new build 27 of AQ 12.1 earlier today. This build
        initiates a new era for Ancestral Quest. Prospective users can now
        download Ancestral Quest Basics absolutely free. We have done away with
        the 60-day trial period. For those of you who have already registered
        your copy of AQ, you wouldn't need to upgrade to this build for this
        adjustment.

        We also fixed two issues that crept up as a result of the December 2010
        release of New FamilySearch this last Monday. And there were a few other
        minor fixes and enhancements.

        The list is below,

        Gaylon

        * General Enhancements

        Translation to non-English Languages: Moved several text items to the
        translation tables.

        * Enhancements to nFS Features

        Manage Batches: Added a 'Find' button that lets you search for an
        individual. If the individual is in one of the batches, the batch will
        be highlighted for you.

        * Bug Fixes to nFS Features

        Review and Synchronize FamilySearch Person with Local Person screen: A
        bug was introduced in build 26, wherein if you stretched this screen
        extremely wide, the check boxes could cover up part of the dates. Fixed.

        LDS Ordinance Reservation screen: A bug was introduced in build 26,
        wherein if you had checked the "Keep Together" box, but selected any
        ordinance other than Baptism, then the other ordinances would adjust to
        the selection, but Baptism would not. Fixed.

        95 Year Rule: Starting with the December 2010 release of nFS (12/13/10),
        notifications about the 95 year rule were issued when AQ checked the
        status of ordinances. AQ improperly showed this notice each time you
        reviewed a person who had died within the last 95 years. Fixed.

        Logout: With the December 2010 release of nFS (12/13/10), AQ was no
        longer able to logout from its connection with nFS. This didn't cause a
        problem, as this almost always happened as the user exited the program.
        But AQ presented a message indicating that there was a problem. AQ now
        properly logs out.
      • Margaret Thompson
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 15, 2010

          I am running Win7-64bit. When I try to run build 27 it tells me the program
          is not a Win32 application. Tried running it from the web and also saving
          the file and running it off the HDD. Help would be appreciated.

          Margaret

          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 18, 2010
            Several questions this morning.

            1. Does AQ deal with nFS discussions in any way?
            2. Upon checking for changes AQ does not appear to recognize changed
            ordinances as a change, nor discussions as a change.

            I hope someone can shed some light on this.

            Eric

            -----

            No virus found in this message.