Re: [AQ_NFS] Error 404 Message

  • Margaret Thompson
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2010
      Gaylon,

      Just downloaded the newest patch and I still get the HTTP 404 error. I
      e-mailed you the part of my file I was having trouble with. Still the same
      error. Still the same family.

      Margaret

      Message 2 of 9 , May 12, 2010
        I was attempting to download a family line into a database. All works well
        except I am not getting the second spouse.

        I am using the most recent release.

        Any ideas?

        Message 3 of 9 , May 13, 2010
          Eric:

          Thanks for the details off-line. After looking at this, I think I see
          where the confusion lies.

          AQ's "Import Family Lines" will bring in all the parents of a person --
          whether there is only one set of parents, or perhaps due to duplication,
          there might be multiple sets of parents. Then for each set of parents,
          AQ will import all their children (if you asked for families), and all
          spouses of the children (if you asked for spouses of siblings). However,
          after AQ loads in a set of parents from NFS, it does not examine each
          parent to see if they had other spouses, other than the direct-line
          spouses. These other spouses were not ancestors of the starting person.

          I think that the spouses you are missing are second spouses of direct
          line ancestors -- these spouses are not ancestors of your start person,
          so AQ is not designed to import them.

          Gaylon

          emregister wrote:
          > I was attempting to download a family line into a database. All works well
          > except I am not getting the second spouse.
          >
          > I am using the most recent release.
          >
          > Any ideas?
          >

          > Eric

        • emregister
          Message 4 of 9 , May 13, 2010
            Thanks.

            Eric & Marnie Abell

            Saanichton, BC Canada

            (250) 652 4616

            emregister wrote:
            > I was attempting to download a family line into a database. All works well
            > except I am not getting the second spouse.
            >
            > I am using the most recent release.
            >
            > Any ideas?
            >

            > Eric

          • emregister
            Message 5 of 9 , May 13, 2010
              Thanks, again, for the information.

              It would be nice to have the option to select multiple spouses. I know they
              are not direct line but then neither are the children (families) and their
              spouses. Further, I may chose to seal to this second spouse.

              Your timely response to these kinds of questions - especially in a public
              forum is just another reason for choosing AQ over any of the competitors.

              Eric