Re: Error 404 Message

  • nursekitty728
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2010
      I've tried to add the latest patch and I get a System Error. I downloaded the "Latest" patch.

      It states that the program can't start because SSCE5332.dll is missing.

      What is SSCE5332.dll and where can I find it?

      Kitty

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7, 2010
        Kitty:

        You get this error when you miss a step in the installation instructions
        for the patch.

        After you download the "Latest.zip" file, you need to extract the
        contents to your program folder, which should be:

        "C:\Program Files\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 12.1"

        The file you are missing, "SSCE5332.dll" is in that folder.

        If you try to simply run "ancquest.exe" before extracting it, it won't
        have the support files it needs to run. So you have to place the
        downloaded file into its normal program folder, then run AQ the way you
        always do.

        Gaylon

        nursekitty728 wrote:
        > I've tried to add the latest patch and I get a System Error. I downloaded the "Latest" patch.
        >
        > It states that the program can't start because SSCE5332.dll is missing.
        >
        > What is SSCE5332.dll and where can I find it?
        >

        > Kitty
        >
        > --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, Gaylon Findlay <gfindlay@...> wrote:
        >
        >> Deborah:
        >>
        >> Did you install the patch we mentioned yesterday in my post to this
        >> group? It was updated again this evening. I believe it should take care
        >> of most, if not all, messages like this. If not, please contact me
        >> directly: gfindlay@..., as we'll need to dig into specifics of
        >> the situations.
        >>
        >> Thanks,
        >>
        >> Gaylon

      • Margaret Thompson
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2010

          Just downloaded the newest patch and I still get the HTTP 404 error. I
          e-mailed you the part of my file I was having trouble with. Still the same
          error. Still the same family.

          Margaret

          Message 4 of 9 , May 12, 2010
            I was attempting to download a family line into a database. All works well
            except I am not getting the second spouse.

            I am using the most recent release.

            Any ideas?

            Message 5 of 9 , May 13, 2010
              Eric:

              Thanks for the details off-line. After looking at this, I think I see
              where the confusion lies.

              AQ's "Import Family Lines" will bring in all the parents of a person --
              whether there is only one set of parents, or perhaps due to duplication,
              there might be multiple sets of parents. Then for each set of parents,
              AQ will import all their children (if you asked for families), and all
              spouses of the children (if you asked for spouses of siblings). However,
              after AQ loads in a set of parents from NFS, it does not examine each
              parent to see if they had other spouses, other than the direct-line
              spouses. These other spouses were not ancestors of the starting person.

              I think that the spouses you are missing are second spouses of direct
              line ancestors -- these spouses are not ancestors of your start person,
              so AQ is not designed to import them.

              Gaylon

              emregister wrote:
              > I was attempting to download a family line into a database. All works well
              > except I am not getting the second spouse.
              >
              > I am using the most recent release.
              >
              > Any ideas?
              >

              > Eric

            • emregister
              Message 6 of 9 , May 13, 2010
                Thanks.

                Eric & Marnie Abell

                Saanichton, BC Canada

                (250) 652 4616

                emregister wrote:
                > I was attempting to download a family line into a database. All works well
                > except I am not getting the second spouse.
                >
                > I am using the most recent release.
                >
                > Any ideas?
                >

                > Eric

              • emregister
                Message 7 of 9 , May 13, 2010
                  Thanks, again, for the information.

                  It would be nice to have the option to select multiple spouses. I know they
                  are not direct line but then neither are the children (families) and their
                  spouses. Further, I may chose to seal to this second spouse.

                  Your timely response to these kinds of questions - especially in a public
                  forum is just another reason for choosing AQ over any of the competitors.

                  Eric