Error 404 Message

  • deblfc
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6, 2010
      Today, for the first time, I am running into a problem when trying to add already synced individuals in the family views. I have tried to add children and parents and get the same 404 error message and AQ quits. Any ideas?

      I have already tried to solution to error 410 messages. No help.
      Thanks,
      Deborah
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 6, 2010
        Deborah:

        Did you install the patch we mentioned yesterday in my post to this
        group? It was updated again this evening. I believe it should take care
        of most, if not all, messages like this. If not, please contact me
        directly: gfindlay@..., as we'll need to dig into specifics of
        the situations.

        Thanks,

        Gaylon

        deblfc wrote:
        > Today, for the first time, I am running into a problem when trying to add already synced individuals in the family views. I have tried to add children and parents and get the same 404 error message and AQ quits. Any ideas?
        >
        > I have already tried to solution to error 410 messages. No help.
        > Thanks,
        > Deborah

      • nursekitty728
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2010
          I've tried to add the latest patch and I get a System Error. I downloaded the "Latest" patch.

          It states that the program can't start because SSCE5332.dll is missing.

          What is SSCE5332.dll and where can I find it?

          Kitty

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 7, 2010
            Kitty:

            You get this error when you miss a step in the installation instructions
            for the patch.

            After you download the "Latest.zip" file, you need to extract the
            contents to your program folder, which should be:

            "C:\Program Files\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 12.1"

            The file you are missing, "SSCE5332.dll" is in that folder.

            If you try to simply run "ancquest.exe" before extracting it, it won't
            have the support files it needs to run. So you have to place the
            downloaded file into its normal program folder, then run AQ the way you
            always do.

            Gaylon

            nursekitty728 wrote:
            > I've tried to add the latest patch and I get a System Error. I downloaded the "Latest" patch.
            >
            > It states that the program can't start because SSCE5332.dll is missing.
            >
            > What is SSCE5332.dll and where can I find it?
            >

            > Kitty
            >
            > --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, Gaylon Findlay <gfindlay@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Deborah:
            >>
            >> Did you install the patch we mentioned yesterday in my post to this
            >> group? It was updated again this evening. I believe it should take care
            >> of most, if not all, messages like this. If not, please contact me
            >> directly: gfindlay@..., as we'll need to dig into specifics of
            >> the situations.
            >>
            >> Thanks,
            >>
            >> Gaylon

          • Margaret Thompson
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7, 2010

              Just downloaded the newest patch and I still get the HTTP 404 error. I
              e-mailed you the part of my file I was having trouble with. Still the same
              error. Still the same family.

              Margaret

              > Did you install the patch we mentioned yesterday in my post to this
              > group? It was updated again this evening. I believe it should take care
              > of most, if not all, messages like this. If not, please contact me
              > directly: gfindlay@..., as we'll need to dig into specifics of
              > the situations.
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Gaylon
              >

              > deblfc wrote:
              >> Today, for the first time, I am running into a problem when trying to add
              >> already synced individuals in the family views. I have tried to add
              >> children and parents and get the same 404 error message and AQ quits. Any
              >> ideas?
              >>
              >> I have already tried to solution to error 410 messages. No help.
              >> Thanks,
              >> Deborah

            • emregister
              Message 6 of 9 , May 12, 2010
                I was attempting to download a family line into a database. All works well
                except I am not getting the second spouse.

                I am using the most recent release.

                Any ideas?

                Message 7 of 9 , May 13, 2010
                  Eric:

                  Thanks for the details off-line. After looking at this, I think I see
                  where the confusion lies.

                  AQ's "Import Family Lines" will bring in all the parents of a person --
                  whether there is only one set of parents, or perhaps due to duplication,
                  there might be multiple sets of parents. Then for each set of parents,
                  AQ will import all their children (if you asked for families), and all
                  spouses of the children (if you asked for spouses of siblings). However,
                  after AQ loads in a set of parents from NFS, it does not examine each
                  parent to see if they had other spouses, other than the direct-line
                  spouses. These other spouses were not ancestors of the starting person.

                  I think that the spouses you are missing are second spouses of direct
                  line ancestors -- these spouses are not ancestors of your start person,
                  so AQ is not designed to import them.

                  Gaylon

                  emregister wrote:
                  > I was attempting to download a family line into a database. All works well
                  > except I am not getting the second spouse.
                  >
                  > I am using the most recent release.
                  >
                  > Any ideas?
                  >

                  > Eric

                • emregister
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 13, 2010
                    Thanks.

                    Eric & Marnie Abell

                    Saanichton, BC Canada

                    (250) 652 4616

                    emregister wrote:
                    > I was attempting to download a family line into a database. All works well
                    > except I am not getting the second spouse.
                    >
                    > I am using the most recent release.
                    >
                    > Any ideas?
                    >

                    > Eric

                  • emregister
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 13, 2010
                      Thanks, again, for the information.

                      It would be nice to have the option to select multiple spouses. I know they
                      are not direct line but then neither are the children (families) and their
                      spouses. Further, I may chose to seal to this second spouse.

                      Your timely response to these kinds of questions - especially in a public
                      forum is just another reason for choosing AQ over any of the competitors.

                      Eric