RE: [AQ_NFS] Re: Updating ordinance information from Family Search

  • register
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2009
      I see no need to update confirmation and initiatory in my database. I
      record only baptism, endowment and sealing. If I really want to know the
      confirmation and initiatory information it is a simple matter to look in FS
      and find it. I acknowledge that it is sometime interesting to see the
      record of someone whose ordinances were shared among temples around the
      world.

      In the future when you get around to this would it be possible to
      move that information from Other Events to Ordinances some how? I would
      really hate to import all that information and have to do it again later.

      >We have thought of adding the confirmation and initiatory to the LDS
      >block in AQ, but that will have to wait until we get a few other things
      >done, if we decide to do it. For now, these events show up in the "Other
      >Events" area by default. If you leave them in the Other Events, rather
      >than in Notes, then the next time you review the individual with nFS,
      >these ordinances will line up.

      Scott Scheibe
      <mailto:dsscheibe@earthlink <mailto:dsscheibe%40earthlink.net> .net>
      <http://scottsworld. <http://scottsworld.info> info> Scott's website
      <http://dsscheibe. <http://dsscheibe.blogspot.com> blogspot.com> Scott Blog
      <http://members. <http://members.cox.net/dsscheibe/vws/>
      cox.net/dsscheibe/vws/> Scott's Weather Station

      Gospel Principles List, Join the list: <http://scottsworld.
      <http://scottsworld.info/gp.htm> info/gp.htm>
      LDS Singles List Home Page <http://ldssingles.
      <http://ldssingles.scottsworld.info> scottsworld.info>
      Visit The Plan of Salvation <http://salvation.
      <http://salvation.scottsworld.info/theplans.htm>
      scottsworld.info/theplans.htm>
      & Questions Answered by the Book of Mormon pages
      <http://salvation. <http://salvation.scottsworld.info/qabommf.htm>
      scottsworld.info/qabommf.htm>

      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2009
        Scott:

        You won't have to do it again later. If we move it, it will be in
        presentation only. These extra ordinance items of data will still be
        stored as "Other Events", but we would show them in the LDS block, so
        they wouldn't look like "Other Events". It's just a matter of how they
        are presented.

        Gaylon

        Scott Scheibe wrote:
        > At 09:35 PM 5/15/2009 -0600, Gaylon wrote:
        >

        > Gaylon
        >
        > In the future when you get around to this would it be possible to
        > move that information from Other Events to Ordinances some how? I would
        > really hate to import all that information and have to do it again later.
        >

        >> We have thought of adding the confirmation and initiatory to the LDS
        >> block in AQ, but that will have to wait until we get a few other things
        >> done, if we decide to do it. For now, these events show up in the "Other
        >> Events" area by default. If you leave them in the Other Events, rather
        >> than in Notes, then the next time you review the individual with nFS,
        >> these ordinances will line up.
        >>

        > Scott Scheibe
        > <mailto:dsscheibe@...>
        > <http://scottsworld.info> Scott's website
        > <http://dsscheibe.blogspot.com> Scott Blog
        > <http://members.cox.net/dsscheibe/vws/> Scott's Weather Station
        >
        > Gospel Principles List, Join the list: <http://scottsworld.info/gp.htm>
        > LDS Singles List Home Page <http://ldssingles.scottsworld.info>
        > Visit The Plan of Salvation <http://salvation.scottsworld.info/theplans.htm>
        > & Questions Answered by the Book of Mormon pages
        > <http://salvation.scottsworld.info/qabommf.htm>

      • Jim Light
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2009
          I agree.

          Jim

          _____

          I see no need to update confirmation and initiatory in my database. I
          record only baptism, endowment and sealing. If I really want to know the
          confirmation and initiatory information it is a simple matter to look in FS
          and find it. I acknowledge that it is sometime interesting to see the
          record of someone whose ordinances were shared among temples around the
          world.

          In the future when you get around to this would it be possible to
          move that information from Other Events to Ordinances some how? I would
          really hate to import all that information and have to do it again later.

          >We have thought of adding the confirmation and initiatory to the LDS
          >block in AQ, but that will have to wait until we get a few other things
          >done, if we decide to do it. For now, these events show up in the "Other
          >Events" area by default. If you leave them in the Other Events, rather
          >than in Notes, then the next time you review the individual with nFS,
          >these ordinances will line up.

          Scott Scheibe
          <mailto:dsscheibe@earthlink <mailto:dsscheibe%40earthlink.net> .net>
          <http://scottsworld. <http://scottsworld. <http://scottsworld.info> info>