Manage Batches

  • Jerry Taylor
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4, 2010
      When I attempt to Manage Batches the button disappears for a few seconds and then reappears and the AQ program appears to lock up. I suspect the program is in some kind of loop. I thought that maybe it was just taking a long time to load the reconcile screen but after 20 minutes I determined it had been long enough. I could not close AQ in the usual manner and did the 3 finger delete and brought up the task manager. The task manager said the program was still running. Hence, the supposition that the program was in some kind of loop. The Disable Temple mode and close buttons work. I did not try the Reserve Ordinances button.

      I am running AQ 12.1.23 on Windows XP. Please let me know if I am missing something that I should do to get the Manage Batches button to work.

      Thank you,
      Jerry

    • Tom Huber
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2010
        On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 09:21:26 -0500, you wrote:

        >When I attempt to Manage Batches the button disappears for a few seconds and then reappears and the AQ program appears to lock up. I suspect the program is in some kind of loop. I thought that maybe it was just taking a long time to load the reconcile screen but after 20 minutes I determined it had been long enough. I could not close AQ in the usual manner and did the 3 finger delete and brought up the task manager. The task manager said the program was still running. Hence, the supposition that the program was in some kind of loop. The Disable Temple mode and close buttons work. I did not try the Reserve Ordinances button.
        >
        >I am running AQ 12.1.23 on Windows XP. Please let me know if I am missing something that I should do to get the Manage Batches button to work.

        I'm running the same version/Operation System. If you have a large
        file (mine is over 13,000), reconcile can take a long time, but unless
        you have a slow connection, it still should only take five minutes or
        so (mine does).

        I don't know the logic that AQ uses for the reconcile function, but if
        you have loops in your pedigree, then that may be the problem. Also,
        you may have some corruption (run check and repair just to make sure
        you don't have any).

        The one thing that I have found is that reconcile is inconsistent --
        one time it will bring back only those records that I have cards for,
        but the next time, it will bring back both those records and those
        I've submitted for temple work. The next time it is run, the temple
        work records aren't there. The previous build (22) always brought back
        both sets of records.
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 4, 2010
          Jerry:

          Please send directly to me:

          * A backup copy of your database
          * Your birth date
          * The last 5 digits of your LDS membership number

          I need the last two items to sign in as a "helper" for you, so I can see
          your list of reserved ordinances.

          I presume that this happens when you click on the "Manage Batches"
          button from the Ordinance Reservation and Tracking System main screen,
          and that you never do see the list of batches?

          Thanks,

          Gaylon
          gfindlay@...

          Jerry Taylor wrote:
          > When I attempt to Manage Batches the button disappears for a few seconds and then reappears and the AQ program appears to lock up. I suspect the program is in some kind of loop. I thought that maybe it was just taking a long time to load the reconcile screen but after 20 minutes I determined it had been long enough. I could not close AQ in the usual manner and did the 3 finger delete and brought up the task manager. The task manager said the program was still running. Hence, the supposition that the program was in some kind of loop. The Disable Temple mode and close buttons work. I did not try the Reserve Ordinances button.
          >
          > I am running AQ 12.1.23 on Windows XP. Please let me know if I am missing something that I should do to get the Manage Batches button to work.
          >
          > Thank you,
          > Jerry

        • Jerry Taylor
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 4, 2010
            Hello Gaylon:

            Thank you for considering to look at the problem I have encountered.

            You are right I have the problem at the Manage Batches button. I never see the list of batches to reconcile. I did a database check and repair. And tried again and left it running during all of the last session of conference. The AQ program was still locked up. I am using Windows XP.

            Also, I have another problem when using the review individual option. On a few individuals when the system is searching the NFS system it comes up with the blue screen to shut down AQ (a crash). If you could look at that problem also I would appreciate it. The individuals are:
            Lucy Dalton - RIN 3929 - PID LQRW-LQZ
            Jesse Todd - RIN 3872 - PID 2J3H-NWG

            Attached is the backup version of my database.
            My birth date 12 May 1941
            Member Number: 44566

            Thank you again for looking at the problems.
            Jerry Taylor

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 5, 2010
              All:

              Jerry reported a problem here that I believe several of you may have
              experienced. For some NFS persons, AQ 12.1.23 is not able to load their
              record -- this is rare, so many of you may not have seen this, but it
              does happen on just a few individuals, including the two that Jerry
              mentions in his post.

              We have fixed this issue. The fix is scheduled to be made available
              generally with the next build of AQ 12.1, but we want to look at a few
              additional reports before releasing build 24. *If any of you on this
              list would like a patch* that fixes this and a few other problems while
              you wait for build 24 to be released, here are the instructions:

              1) Make sure that AQ is not running on your machine

              2) In your browser (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), go to this
              location:

              http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/Latest.zip

              3) Download the file

              4) Extract the contents of this "zip" file into your AQ program folder.
              (There will only be one file contained in the zip file: "ancquest.exe".)
              The program folder should be,

              "C:\Program Files\Incline Software\Ancestral Quest 12.1"

              This will replace your current main program file with a patched version.
              You'll be able to tell that you have the patch by going into the About
              AQ screen under the Help menu, and you should see that the build is
              still 12.1.23, but the date is today's date.

              Jerry - I think the problem with the Manage Batches screen not coming up
              is something I need to guide you through, but not something an
              adjustment to the program will fix. That screen came up just fine for
              me. My theory is that when you click on the "Manage Batches" button,
              that the screen actually does come up quickly, but for some reason is
              coming up off of the displayable area of your screen. This is what I'd
              like you to try:

              1) Click on the Manage Batches button
              2) If the screen doesn't come up within a few seconds, hold down the
              <Alt> key while you hit the <SpaceBar> key. This should bring up a
              special menu, which will let you move the Manage Batches screen into view.

              Gaylon

              Jerry Taylor wrote:
              > Hello Gaylon:
              >
              > Thank you for considering to look at the problem I have encountered.
              >
              > You are right I have the problem at the Manage Batches button. I never see the list of batches to reconcile. I did a database check and repair. And tried again and left it running during all of the last session of conference. The AQ program was still locked up. I am using Windows XP.
              >
              > Also, I have another problem when using the review individual option. On a few individuals when the system is searching the NFS system it comes up with the blue screen to shut down AQ (a crash). If you could look at that problem also I would appreciate it. The individuals are:
              > Lucy Dalton - RIN 3929 - PID LQRW-LQZ
              > Jesse Todd - RIN 3872 - PID 2J3H-NWG
              >
              > Thank you again for looking at the problems.
              > Jerry Taylor

            • Jerry Taylor
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 5, 2010
                Hello Gaylon:
                Thank you so much for responding quickly.
                The Manage Batches is working fine now and the two names work with the patch.
                It is nice to have a program where the support is so responsive.
                Thanks again.
                Jerry

                Jerry Taylor wrote:
                > Hello Gaylon:
                >
                > Thank you for considering to look at the problem I have encountered.
                >
                > You are right I have the problem at the Manage Batches button. I never see the list of batches to reconcile. I did a database check and repair. And tried again and left it running during all of the last session of conference. The AQ program was still locked up. I am using Windows XP.
                >
                > Also, I have another problem when using the review individual option. On a few individuals when the system is searching the NFS system it comes up with the blue screen to shut down AQ (a crash). If you could look at that problem also I would appreciate it. The individuals are:
                > Lucy Dalton - RIN 3929 - PID LQRW-LQZ
                > Jesse Todd - RIN 3872 - PID 2J3H-NWG
                >
                > Thank you again for looking at the problems.
                > Jerry Taylor

              • emregister
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 18, 2010
                  When making a reservation I am usually presented with a choice of 'temple'
                  or 'me'. However, tonight I had a third option of 'MMMM-MMZ'. It was not
                  possible to successfully make a reservation for the temple. The only choice
                  was this MMMM thing.

                  Any ideas?

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 19, 2010
                    Eric:

                    When the temple system *will* let you reserve a name (status is
                    "Ready"), AQ should present you with two options: Reserve for You, or
                    Reserve for Temple. When the temple system already has a reservation for
                    an ordinance (which mean that you cannot reserve it -- just learn
                    information about it), AQ should put the name of the reserving party in
                    the box, and if it has trouble getting the name of the person from NFS,
                    it will put the ID of the person there instead. In this case, you should
                    *not* have a checkbox by the ordinance with which to select the ordinance.

                    Gaylon

                    emregister wrote:
                    > When making a reservation I am usually presented with a choice of 'temple'
                    > or 'me'. However, tonight I had a third option of 'MMMM-MMZ'. It was not
                    > possible to successfully make a reservation for the temple. The only choice
                    > was this MMMM thing.
                    >

                    > Any ideas?
                    >

                    > Eric

                  • emregister
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 20, 2010

                      These features work well but the MMMM-MMZ is still in the box. This is a
                      valid NFSID but not for any of my family. If any one wants to wants to
                      check it out the nFSID for the person who we were trying to reserve is
                      KJPS-7CF. Thomas Francis Canning.

                      Eric

                      To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com
                      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] unknown reservation MMMM-MMZ

                      emregister wrote:
                      > When making a reservation I am usually presented with a choice of 'temple'
                      > or 'me'. However, tonight I had a third option of 'MMMM-MMZ'. It was not
                      > possible to successfully make a reservation for the temple. The only
                      choice
                      > was this MMMM thing.
                      >

                      > Any ideas?
                      >

                      > Eric

                    • Joan Case
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 21, 2010
                        I have this same problem -- I would also like to know what the MM's mean. If
                        they are in the box with Me and Temple you cannot reserve anything for that
                        person.

                        Joan