Re: Unable to Sync family members

  • Mary-Theresa Dameron
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
      I spent most of the day yesterday synching families, both children, spouses
      and parents and had absolutely no trouble.

      Mary-Theresa Dameron

    • Margaret Thompson
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
        I haven't had a problem with AQ build 23 and Windows 7 syncing family
        members. Sorry I don't have ideas for you.

        Margaret

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
          For anyone who experiences this problem, let me share a work-around we found.

          The cause:
          Starting in build 23 of AQ 12.1, we pulled one option from the interface with NFS. You used to be able to do a "Manual Sync" or an "Automatic Sync" or a "Link Only". FamilySearch asked us to remove the "Automatic Sync" option, so that is now gone. As we removed it, we missed one place in the code to completely remove it, and that caused this problem.

          Who is affected:
          You would have experienced this problem if you used to have your option set to "Automatic Sync", and you had checked the box on that option screen to not show you the options anymore.

          The fix:
          Simply go to Preferences (under the Tools menu), then to the FamilySearch tab and check the box for "Show Options when Linking/Syncing Individuals".

          After you have linked your first person using these options, you should be able to again tell AQ not to show you the options screen anymore, as you will now have set a new option that is still supported.

          Gaylon

          --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, "nursekitty728" <katbox1@...> wrote:

          > Hoping someone can help me. I have downloaded the Basic 12.1 Build 23 on my computer. I use Windows 7 system. I'm unable to sync family members ie. when I choose spouse & children. The program freezes and a code 410 shows up. Then AQ automatically closes.
          >
          > I can sync individuals without a hitch. It's only when I choose to compare the family members that I'm having problems. I didn't have a problem before the new update on Monday.
          >
          > Suggestions????
          >
          > Thank you in advance for your help.
          >

          > Kitty
          > Huntington Beach, California

        • nursekitty728
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2010
            Thank you Gaylon! This has fixed my problem & I'm syncing away!

            Kitty
            Huntington Beach, CA