Re: [AQ_NFS] check for changes

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31, 2010
      Leslie:

      I seem to remember that we added the ability for AQ to update the
      version number in the local file each time you review the individual. It
      is possible that we broke that when we replaced the old NFS code with
      the new NFS code for this latest release.

      When you are reviewing the list of changed records, there are options
      for marking certain records as having been reviewed, so they will not
      come up on the list again unless another change was made.

      Gaylon

    • emregister
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2010
        Leslie,

        I saw your original message at the bottom of other messages and I do not
        remember seeing a reply that I felt answered your question. So let me try.
        I, too, have difficulty making use of the 'check for changes'. However,
        upon reading your message it sounds like one of the things you want to do is
        track ordinances that are performed by others and ordinances that the youth
        or people you give cards may do on your line.

        I have the same issue. Most of the solution for me is to use the batch
        feature and to 'review all' and to 'reconcile'. Now If I 'update all local
        records' then my records will reflect the ordinance work that has been done.
        As I make all of my reservations through AQ the system works for me and it
        is very little work for me as I let AQ do all of the hard stuff.

        My only complaint with the current system and a request for an enhancement
        (although I may be missing something that is already there) is to give me a
        way to remove from the batch, all records that have been completed and that
        have been updated on my database.

        Good luck with your temple work.

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1, 2010
          I do the review, but they still show.

          Thanks for the reply. You really should not be up that late doing this. We would understand waiting for a day or two to reply.

          Leslie Vaughn wrote:
          > Thanks for the reply. I thought there might be something like that.
          >
          > Does this mean that every time I see the same people on the change list that a change occurred since the last time I checked it? I can check for changes and go thru and review those on the list and then run the list 10 minutes later and the same people are on it.
          >
          > I would think that by reviewing it that would be enough to keep it from showing on the list until another change occurs.
          >
          > Is there some way of telling on nFS when and what the last changes occurred?
          >

          > Leslie

        • emregister
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1, 2010
            Thanks, Leslie, for your concern. However, I am not up late, I am up
            early. Local time at the moment is 4:25 PDT. Victoria, British Columbia,
            Canada.

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 1, 2010
              As usual most "bugs" with any computer program including AQ are operator error.

              I just did my check for changes and found the "same" individuals on the list that are always there.

              Gaylon said that ANY change on nFS would be picked up, I was still concerned I was still seeing the same folks on my check for changes list with no apparent change.

              Just now I went in and found my same list with a few extra added. The few extra were actual changes from the last time I had run the feature, but the same ones were there.

              Then I noticed that sometimes as I was leaving that individual I would check the close button and sometimes the save. The only time I was checking the save button was when I was incorporating those changes into my data base. If I saw no change I was hitting close.

              So I ran it again and this time hit save and voila--when I ran it immediately after, there are ZERO individuals there.

              Bottom line: Hit save instead of close when you leave that individual when you complete your review. Sorry I wasted everyone's time.

              So the moral of the story is probably to read the owners manual or take the tutorial as it probably is there.

              Leslie

              Leslie Vaughn wrote:
              > Thanks for the reply. I thought there might be something like that.
              >
              > Does this mean that every time I see the same people on the change list that a change occurred since the last time I checked it? I can check for changes and go thru and review those on the list and then run the list 10 minutes later and the same people are on it.
              >
              > I would think that by reviewing it that would be enough to keep it from showing on the list until another change occurs.
              >
              > Is there some way of telling on nFS when and what the last changes occurred?
              >

              > Leslie

            • emregister
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 1, 2010
                Leslie,

                Not a waste of time. I have had the same problem and you have now solved
                it. Any time I can learn something it is not a waste of time. Thanks.

                Eric

                To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com