Re: Updating ordinance information from Family Search

  • Scott Scheibe
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15 5:54 PM
      At 01:23 PM 5/14/2009 -0600, Gaylon Findlay wrote:

      Gaylon,

      It seems to be working fairly well. I checked for updates all
      evening last night and it didn't crash. If I do a large number of sysncing
      with NFS on families with a lot of contributors AQ (the current release
      version, haven't tried this one yet) tends to crash, I think it acts like
      a memory leak or trying to sysncing with NFS has used all the resources.

      A few days ago I asked and never got an answer on here: Is there
      any plan to add Confirmation and Initiatory fields in to the LDS Ordinance
      block? Right now it only saves that information from NFS to notes or other
      events.

      >Scott, Rosemary:
      >
      >A couple of days ago, I shared a link to a patched version of AQ
      >12.1.16. (http://www.ancestralquestonline.com/updates/files/latest.zip)
      >That patch was updated yet again over last weekend, before I headed out
      >to North Carolina for NGS. This latest patch includes a couple of
      >adjustments that are referred to here:
      >
      >-> We found a bug that caused some of the LDS ordinances to appear in
      >reverse order. That has been fixed.
      >-> The earlier patch also has a new button on the Sync Individual screen
      >to make it easier to transfer LDS ordinances from FamilySearch to your
      >local file.
      >
      >Just a reminder, it is best to ask questions about nFS features on the
      >new AQ_NFS group. Those members of this group that haven't signed up for
      >that group are mostly unable to access nFS yet, and would rather not
      >have their inbox fill up with issues dealing with nFS.
      >
      >Gaylon
      >

      >Scott Scheibe wrote:
      > > At 11:15 AM 5/10/2009 -0700, Rosemary Hopkins wrote:
      > >
      > > I believe you use check for changes for that from the family search menu
      > > but often it shows changed records which I can't find anything that
      > changed
      > > and it doesn't just focus on the ordinances. If you don't use it often it
      > > will show a lot of changes. That is something which I think is needed, a
      > > search for changes on ordinances that are marked; in progress, reserved,
      > > completed, unofficial and so on. I would also like to see if it has the
      > > oldest record since many of them and been done multiple times.
      > >

      > >> I don't seem to find the instructions for how to update ordinance
      > >> information that was done recently for individuals in my PAF file who have
      > >> been link-synched with new.familysearch using ancestral quest. Can
      > someone
      > >> explain to me how to take the newly completed ordinances from familysearch
      > >> and transfer that data into my PAF without retyping the information one
      > >> ordinance at a time. I thought this program would do that.

      Scott Scheibe
      dsscheibe@...
      <http://scottsworld.info/gene.htm>

      Descendants of Capt. Henry WOODWARD
      <http://woodward.scottsworld.info/>

      Searching: (first six generation surnames of fifteen partially found)
      ALDRICH, ANTHONY, APELT, BAUM, CHURCH, FRAZIER, GARDNER, HAMMOND, HENNIG,
      HUNT, KELLY, KISSELL, LEIN, MANLEY, MC_CLOUD, MC GINNIS, MILLER, MEYER,
      MOORE, MOSLEY, MYERS, NANCE, RIECHE, SAWYER, SCHEIBE, SCHUMAKE, SHAW,
      SOUTHERN, WALLACE, WALKER, WESTBROOK, WOODWARD
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15 8:35 PM
        Scott:

        We have thought of adding the confirmation and initiatory to the LDS
        block in AQ, but that will have to wait until we get a few other things
        done, if we decide to do it. For now, these events show up in the "Other
        Events" area by default. If you leave them in the Other Events, rather
        than in Notes, then the next time you review the individual with nFS,
        these ordinances will line up.

        Gaylon

        Message 3 of 6 , May 15 8:55 PM
          At 09:35 PM 5/15/2009 -0600, Gaylon wrote:

          Gaylon

          In the future when you get around to this would it be possible to
          move that information from Other Events to Ordinances some how? I would
          really hate to import all that information and have to do it again later.

          >We have thought of adding the confirmation and initiatory to the LDS
          >block in AQ, but that will have to wait until we get a few other things
          >done, if we decide to do it. For now, these events show up in the "Other
          >Events" area by default. If you leave them in the Other Events, rather
          >than in Notes, then the next time you review the individual with nFS,
          >these ordinances will line up.

          Scott Scheibe
          <mailto:dsscheibe@...>
          <http://scottsworld.info> Scott's website
          <http://dsscheibe.blogspot.com> Scott Blog
          <http://members.cox.net/dsscheibe/vws/> Scott's Weather Station

          Gospel Principles List, Join the list: <http://scottsworld.info/gp.htm>
          LDS Singles List Home Page <http://ldssingles.scottsworld.info>
          Visit The Plan of Salvation <http://salvation.scottsworld.info/theplans.htm>
          & Questions Answered by the Book of Mormon pages
          <http://salvation.scottsworld.info/qabommf.htm>
        • register
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16 7:20 AM
            I see no need to update confirmation and initiatory in my database. I
            record only baptism, endowment and sealing. If I really want to know the
            confirmation and initiatory information it is a simple matter to look in FS
            and find it. I acknowledge that it is sometime interesting to see the
            record of someone whose ordinances were shared among temples around the
            world.

            <mailto:dsscheibe@earthlink <mailto:dsscheibe%40earthlink.net> .net>
            <http://scottsworld. <http://scottsworld.info> info> Scott's website
            <http://dsscheibe. <http://dsscheibe.blogspot.com> blogspot.com> Scott Blog
            <http://members. <http://members.cox.net/dsscheibe/vws/>

            <http://scottsworld.info/gp.htm> info/gp.htm>
            LDS Singles List Home Page <http://ldssingles.
            <http://ldssingles.scottsworld.info> scottsworld.info>
            Visit The Plan of Salvation <http://salvation.
            <http://salvation.scottsworld.info/theplans.htm>
            scottsworld.info/theplans.htm>
            & Questions Answered by the Book of Mormon pages
            <http://salvation. <http://salvation.scottsworld.info/qabommf.htm>
            scottsworld.info/qabommf.htm>

            Message 5 of 6 , May 16 10:56 AM
              Scott:

              You won't have to do it again later. If we move it, it will be in
              presentation only. These extra ordinance items of data will still be
              stored as "Other Events", but we would show them in the LDS block, so
              they wouldn't look like "Other Events". It's just a matter of how they
              are presented.

              Gaylon

              Scott Scheibe wrote:
              > At 09:35 PM 5/15/2009 -0600, Gaylon wrote:
              >

              > Gaylon
              >
              > In the future when you get around to this would it be possible to
              > move that information from Other Events to Ordinances some how? I would
              > really hate to import all that information and have to do it again later.
              >

              >> We have thought of adding the confirmation and initiatory to the LDS
              >> block in AQ, but that will have to wait until we get a few other things
              >> done, if we decide to do it. For now, these events show up in the "Other
              >> Events" area by default. If you leave them in the Other Events, rather
              >> than in Notes, then the next time you review the individual with nFS,
              >> these ordinances will line up.
              >>

              > Scott Scheibe
              > <mailto:dsscheibe@...>
              > <http://scottsworld.info> Scott's website
              > <http://dsscheibe.blogspot.com> Scott Blog
              > <http://members.cox.net/dsscheibe/vws/> Scott's Weather Station
              >
              > Gospel Principles List, Join the list: <http://scottsworld.info/gp.htm>
              > LDS Singles List Home Page <http://ldssingles.scottsworld.info>
              > Visit The Plan of Salvation <http://salvation.scottsworld.info/theplans.htm>
              > & Questions Answered by the Book of Mormon pages
              > <http://salvation.scottsworld.info/qabommf.htm>

            • Jim Light
              Message 6 of 6 , May 16 5:48 PM
                I agree.

                Jim

                _____

                I see no need to update confirmation and initiatory in my database. I
                record only baptism, endowment and sealing. If I really want to know the
                confirmation and initiatory information it is a simple matter to look in FS
                and find it. I acknowledge that it is sometime interesting to see the
                record of someone whose ordinances were shared among temples around the
                world.

                In the future when you get around to this would it be possible to
                move that information from Other Events to Ordinances some how? I would
                really hate to import all that information and have to do it again later.

                >We have thought of adding the confirmation and initiatory to the LDS
                >block in AQ, but that will have to wait until we get a few other things
                >done, if we decide to do it. For now, these events show up in the "Other
                >Events" area by default. If you leave them in the Other Events, rather
                >than in Notes, then the next time you review the individual with nFS,
                >these ordinances will line up.

                Scott Scheibe
                <mailto:dsscheibe@earthlink <mailto:dsscheibe%40earthlink.net> .net>
                <http://scottsworld. <http://scottsworld. <http://scottsworld.info> info>