Build 23 of AQ 12.1 is Released

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 29, 2010
      All:

      We have released build 23 of AQ 12.1.

      If you are NOT using the features which allow access to New
      FamilySearch, this is an optional download for you. It does provide a
      couple of minor enhancements and bug fixes. (See below.)

      If you ARE using the features in AQ which allow access to New
      FamilySearch, this is an essential download before you will be able to
      continue to work with New FamilySearch via AQ.

      The easiest way to get the new build is to run your copy of AQ, then
      access AQ's "Internet" menu, and then select, "Check for Latest AQ
      Release". You should download the "Basic" installer, rather than the
      Full CD Image installer -- it will be quicker and more efficient.

      Below is the list of enhancements and fixes.

      Gaylon Findlay
      Incline Software

      ========================

      Changes in Build 23 (03/27/2009)

      General Enhancements

      * Family View: The Infobox in the upper left corner of the screen
      now shows the Age of the person at the time of marriage and of death.

      General Bug Fixes

      * Database Conversion: If you converted a ".aq" file to a ".paf"
      file, and you had "To-Do" items with Categories, the categories didn't
      transfer to the ".paf" file. Fixed.

      Enhancements to nFS Features

      * General Access to NFS: Updated from the older Version 1 of the
      FamilyTree API to the newer Version 2. As AQ was converted to the newer
      API, several other minor enhancements and fixes, not all listed here,
      were put in place.
      NOTE: FamilySearch retired Version 1 of the FamilyTree API on
      3/29/10, and installed Version 2. For users who access New FamilySearch
      through AQ, this is a required update from earlier builds, as the
      earlier builds of AQ 12.1 will no longer work with NFS after 3/29/10.

      Bug Fixes to nFS Features

      * Import Family Lines: If your own record was already in the
      database, but not yet linked to the corresponding FS record, and you
      chose the option to download your own ancestors, AQ would crash. Fixed.
      * Check/Repair: If you were using AQ's "Collaboration" feature, and
      you also used NFS, the Check/Repair did not properly check or repair the
      NFS portion of the file. Fixed.
      * Importing Parents and Spouses: If you imported parents and spouses
      using AQ's Family Sync screen, the LDS ordinances were not automatically
      imported. Fixed.
    • Sally
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 29, 2010
        Good morning, Gaylon,

        My download went without a problem and I can log in with my info, but the connection to NFS seems incomplete. The blue circle just continues endlessly.

        Sally Bailey
        fbsb@...
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 29, 2010
          I got the same response. I cannot sync to nFS.

          Leslie Vaughn

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 29, 2010
            Hi Gaylon

            Can you advise as to how I get my software back. My computer crashed just before Christmas and, so far, all data is lost.

            I am now ready to start a "Rebuild" of my Genealogical file but am not sure how to go about downloading. I have no record of passwords etc. as they too were lost in the crash.

            Appreciate any help or advice on this matter.

            Kind Regards

            James Pitt
            Wiltshire, England
            Email: jim.pitt47@...

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 29, 2010
              Mine was like that early this morning but at the moment it is working well.

              Gaylon I appreciate the 'progress' messages the keep me informed. Thanks.

              Eric

              Eric To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com

              fbsb@earthlink. <mailto:fbsb%40earthlink.net> net

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 29, 2010
                Sally:

                NFS has seemed exceedingly slow this morning. I don't know yet whether
                FamilySearch had some problems or if something else is going on, but as
                far as we can tell, it is just a matter of NFS being very, very slow.

                NFS has a way of slowing down the certified affiliates, and it appears
                that they slowed down access by affiliates this morning. One
                manifestation of this is that many users, while trying to log in, were
                getting an error 502, which AQ told them meant that NFS was busy, so try
                again later. We've never seen an error 502 during a login before, so AQ
                didn't have a better message in place. If you get a 502 during login,
                just keep retrying about every 30 seconds, and you should be able to get
                in soon.

                Gaylon

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 29, 2010
                  Sally:

                  Let me follow up to my last message. (It always helps to read all your
                  e-mail before responding to anything, as you might learn something :-) )

                  FamilySearch sent us a notice this morning letting us know that their
                  ability to respond to affiliates went down, and is only partially back
                  up at this point. So simply be patient as the Church fixes whatever
                  glitches they have experienced. I think that most access to NFS is
                  available, but you may still have some trouble.

                  As far as we can tell, there is nothing wrong with AQ -- AQ can only
                  give you NFS information if NFS is functioning.

                  Gaylon

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 29, 2010
                    Just in the last 5 minutes: I am now able to sync to nFS and have reserved temple ordinances in the last 5 minutes both in the nFS venue and thru AQ. It is also working and normal speed. So it appears it is "fixed"

                    Leslie Vaughn

                    Sally wrote:
                    > Good morning, Gaylon,
                    >
                    > My download went without a problem and I can log in with my info, but the connection to NFS seems incomplete. The blue circle just continues endlessly.
                    >
                    > Sally Bailey
                    > fbsb@...

                  • Sally
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 29, 2010

                      Thanks for responding. I have just had a chance to re-try the connection to NFS and everything worked beautifully. I agree with the others, the inclusion of ages at marriage and death is very nice. AQ is a great product!

                      Sally Bailey

                      Sally wrote:
                      > Good morning, Gaylon,
                      >
                      > My download went without a problem and I can log in with my info, but the connection to NFS seems incomplete. The blue circle just continues endlessly.
                      >
                      > Sally Bailey
                      > fbsb@...

                    • tcurtis Genealogy
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 29, 2010
                        A big thank you to Gaylon and all the folks at Incline.
                        I'm so impress with how much faster the interface with nFS is.
                        Oh, and I love the new features; icons, ages and even the lines between the children.
                        Thanks!!!

                        Thayne
                        Enjoy the search!
                        Thayne
                        tcurtisGen@...

                        On 29 Mar 2010, at 5:11 AM, Gaylon Findlay wrote:

                        > All:
                        >
                        > We have released build 23 of AQ 12.1.
                        >
                        > If you are NOT using the features which allow access to New
                        > FamilySearch, this is an optional download for you. It does provide a
                        > couple of minor enhancements and bug fixes. (See below.)
                        >
                        > If you ARE using the features in AQ which allow access to New
                        > FamilySearch, this is an essential download before you will be able to
                        > continue to work with New FamilySearch via AQ.
                        >
                        > The easiest way to get the new build is to run your copy of AQ, then
                        > access AQ's "Internet" menu, and then select, "Check for Latest AQ
                        > Release". You should download the "Basic" installer, rather than the
                        > Full CD Image installer -- it will be quicker and more efficient.
                        >
                        > Below is the list of enhancements and fixes.
                        >
                        > Gaylon Findlay
                        > Incline Software
                        <snip>