New Build of AQ 12.1 Pending

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2010
      All:

      We are about to release a new build of AQ 12.1. We normally don't
      announce these builds until after they are available, but there is a
      special situation this time.

      As a user who has access to New FamilySearch, you need to be aware that
      FamilySearch anticipates releasing a new version of their software very
      soon -- possibly in the next day or two. This new release will affect
      those features in Ancestral Quest which work with NFS. ALL OTHER
      FEATURES WILL NOT BE AFFECTED.

      Be aware that with their upcoming release, NFS is changing the method
      used by AQ, and all other commercial products, to communicate with their
      database (the API). As a result, your current version of AQ will stop
      working with NFS as soon as FamilySearch completes its update.
      Immediately thereafter, we will make a new build of AQ available to you
      -- it is completed and waiting for the NFS changes to be put in place.
      (We'd make it available to you now, but NFS is fixing some important
      bugs with this new release of theirs, and if you tried to use the new
      build of AQ before this NFS update, you would get a lot of unexpected
      errors. So we're asking you to be patient :-) )

      What should you do? *Simply continue to use AQ normally.* Once
      FamilySearch releases their new version, if you try to access NFS via
      AQ, you will get error messages -- these won't affect your data -- you
      simply won't be able to access NFS from within your current copy of AQ.
      Don't be alarmed, simply check for a new build of AQ and download it
      when it is available.

      I'll send out an announcement to this group as soon as the new build is
      available.

      Gaylon Findlay
      Incline Software