RE: [AQ_NFS] reserving and submitting names to temples and printing FORs

  • register
    Message 1 of 28 , May 7, 2009

      That is good news. I will get the information to our staff.

      Eric

      Eric & Marnie Abell

      Saanichton, BC, Canada

      (250) 652 4616

      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 23, 2009
        When I ask AQ to review an individual in FS I get a display that gives me,
        among other things, the NFS ID. It also lets me know how may other IDs
        exist. Let us say 21.

        If I go into nFS and look at the numbers of records hat have been combined
        for the same person I get a difference count - say 17.

        If I us AQ to do some additional searching and find another duplicate and
        then combine these the numbers referred to above will change to 22 and 18.

        My problem is that I expected these two numbers to be the same. That is, if
        17 records have been combined then AQ would show me that there were 16 other
        IDs. That is, the current record ID and 16 others to get 17.

        Why the apparent discrepancy between nFS and AQ?

      • Stewart Millar
        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 23, 2009
          I have the same issue appearing in my checks between AQ and nFS.

          The smaller numbers 2,3,4 duplicates do agree - but with some of the bigger
          numbers I have the problem - AQ says 15 Other ID's and yet the nFS combined
          records says 12 combined records.

          A possibility that I have not yet had the time (or patience) to check is
          ---- I wonder if any one of the 12 combined records in nFS is itself a
          combined record of a further 3 records that would make the AQ number agree
          with nFS. If what I have suggested is a possibility, then when there is a
          difference, the AQ number should always be bigger than the nFS number.

          === Stewart

            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 23, 2009
              When AQ accesses a record from nFS, it is given a list of all the nFS
              IDs by which that record has been known. AQ simply counts these and
              displays that number, minus the current number, as the number displayed
              is meant to convey "Other" IDs, not "Total" IDs. You will often see a
              count of 0 when you look at a record that has never been combined with
              another record.

              I don't know the full set of rules for when nFS creates a new ID for a
              person, but I believe you could have a situation like this:

              Bob Smith - ID1
              Bob Smith - ID2
              Robert Smith - ID3

              When you combine ID1 and ID2, you end up with:

              Bob Smith - ID4 (Includes ID1 and ID2)
              Robert Smith - ID3

              Then when you combine ID4 and ID3, you en up with:

              Robert (Bob) Smith - ID5 (Includes ID1, ID2, ID3 and ID4)

              So nFS's "Combined Records" screen for ID5 would show 3 original
              records. But AQ's display of Other IDs for ID5 would show 4 other IDs.

              Both displays are accurate. nFS is not showing you all the IDs by which
              the person can be accessed -- it is showing the original records. AQ is
              showing a count of other IDs. Actual original records would often be
              somewhat fewer.

              Hope this helps.

              Gaylon