Re: [AQ_NFS] Downloading information from New.Family Search to AQ 12.1

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24, 2010
      Alan, Jeff:

      You could use this approach to start with your record, then one family
      at a time download families. This is probably the safest approach, as if
      you do a more automated approach, you can't be sure of what you will get
      from NFS.

      But AQ does have an automated method for bringing thousands of people
      from NFS. Go to the FamilySearch menu, then select "Import Family Lines".

      A hint: This weekend, we will be putting out a new build of AQ 12.1. If
      you'll wait to use the automated import until after you download the new
      build, you'll get better data. FamilySearch broke something in the way
      they deliver data last August, so AQ's import feature has been bringing
      in data, but not necessarily the best data on each individual, since
      August. With the new build that will go out this weekend, AQ should
      again bring over the best data for an individual.

      Gaylon

      Alan Whitcomb wrote:
      > It is easy to do in AQ. I am assuming you have a new Familysearch account
      > of course.
      >
      > First, Highlight someone's name in AQ
      > Second. (on the Top Horizontal Menu) click on FamilySearch, then the fourth
      > option down is Login
      >
      > .. A small window pops up asking your name and password, fill out the form.
      > .. A small window pops up and says .. Congratulations, you have registerd as
      > (your name)
      >
      > >From there.. I like Link (Sync) me.
      >
      > There is another program that ONLY downloads from nFS to a file in your
      > computer. But it's not appropriat to discuss here.
      >

      > On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 1:59 PM, jwkillian1951 <jwkillian1951@...>wrote:
      >

      >> I have thousands of names on new family search and would like to import
      >> that information electronically to avoid having to enter each individual.
      >> The data base is better on new family search than family search. Is there
      >> any way I can do this?
      >>
      >> Jeff Killian

    • Jeff Killian
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 25, 2010
        Gaylon,

        Thank you very much.  I do have an account on the new FS but not FS.  I'll do as you suggest, and update my 12.1.22 AQ program this Sunday or next week.

        Thanks again,

        Jeff Killian