Re: Replace/Edit remote fact

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
      Further to the situation below. How does it happen that when reviewing a person my ordinance information is marked (unofficial) but I have a chance to sync this ordinance data to nFS. I elect to do that but, again, no change occurrs in nFS. I can understand why it would not change but I cannot understand why AQ implies that it will change.

      Eric

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
        Eric:

        This sounds like a bug. Either in AQ or in the nFS API. Can you try to
        replace this data again, but this time take some screen shots of the
        screen before you select the item to replace, then of the options box
        when you are instructing AQ to replace the item, and then the results?
        And send these screen shots directly to me. I'll see if I can figure out
        what is going on.

        One of the problems with nFS is that we can't perform the exact same
        situation as you can, because nFS allows you to do things with your
        records that it won't let anyone else do. But we'll look into it.

        Thanks,

        Gaylon

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
          Eric:

          Again, please take some screen shots to document visually what you are
          doing and send them directly to me. It will help us recreate a similar
          situation as best as we can to answer this better.

          Gaylon

          Eric wrote:
          > Further to the situation below. How does it happen that when reviewing a person my ordinance information is marked (unofficial) but I have a chance to sync this ordinance data to nFS. I elect to do that but, again, no change occurrs in nFS. I can understand why it would not change but I cannot understand why AQ implies that it will change.
          >
          > Eric
          >

          > --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <emregister@...> wrote:
          >
          >> It I elect to relace a remote event it may or it may not. If the event is a birth and I replace it with my data which is the standardized place name it looks like it will work but in reviewing in nFS it has not been replaced. Nothing happenss. It did, however, in the few I looked at, work to replace the burial event.
          >>
          >> If I Add to the remote as an additional fact then nFS shows my new entry as an alternate addess.
          >>
          >> The additional information is fine but it should be clear that the data is not being replaced.
          >>
          >> Eric

        • register
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009

            Unfortunately I cannot replicate it. I have tried. It comes up often but
            not every time. It is a nuisance but nothing more. No data is lost and
            little time is lost. If I can replicate it I will get some additional
            information and screen shots to you.

            Eric wrote:
            > It I elect to relace a remote event it may or it may not. If the event is
            a birth and I replace it with my data which is the standardized place name
            it looks like it will work but in reviewing in nFS it has not been replaced.
            Nothing happenss. It did, however, in the few I looked at, work to replace
            the burial event.

            > If I Add to the remote as an additional fact then nFS shows my new entry
            as an alternate addess.

            > The additional information is fine but it should be clear that the data is
            not being replaced.

            > Eric

          • register
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
              I have the screen shots but I should send them to you privately rather than
              plug up this forum. I will send them to wherever you direct.

              Eric

              Eric & Marnie Abell

              Saanichton, BC, Canada

              (250) 652 4616

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
                Eric:

                Send them to my address, gfindlay@....

                Thanks,

                Gaylon

                register wrote:
                > I have the screen shots but I should send them to you privately rather than
                > plug up this forum. I will send them to wherever you direct.
                >

                > Eric
                >

                > Eric & Marnie Abell
                >
                > Saanichton, BC, Canada
                >
                > (250) 652 4616

              • register
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 4, 2009
                  Now that I have synchronized everyone I want to check the parent and spouse
                  sealings. I am not having a lot of luck. Is there a tutorial or more
                  comprehensive description than on the help system? Any ideas/tips will be
                  appreciated.