Downloading information from New.Family Search to AQ 12.1

  • jwkillian1951
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24, 2010
      I have thousands of names on new family search and would like to import that information electronically to avoid having to enter each individual. The data base is better on new family search than family search. Is there any way I can do this?

      Jeff Killian
    • Alan Whitcomb
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24, 2010
        It is easy to do in AQ. I am assuming you have a new Familysearch account
        of course.

        First, Highlight someone's name in AQ
        Second. (on the Top Horizontal Menu) click on FamilySearch, then the fourth
        option down is Login

        .. A small window pops up asking your name and password, fill out the form.
        .. A small window pops up and says .. Congratulations, you have registerd as
        (your name)

        From there.. I like Link (Sync) me.

        There is another program that ONLY downloads from nFS to a file in your
        computer. But it's not appropriat to discuss here.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 24, 2010
          Alan, Jeff:

          You could use this approach to start with your record, then one family
          at a time download families. This is probably the safest approach, as if
          you do a more automated approach, you can't be sure of what you will get
          from NFS.

          But AQ does have an automated method for bringing thousands of people
          from NFS. Go to the FamilySearch menu, then select "Import Family Lines".

          A hint: This weekend, we will be putting out a new build of AQ 12.1. If
          you'll wait to use the automated import until after you download the new
          build, you'll get better data. FamilySearch broke something in the way
          they deliver data last August, so AQ's import feature has been bringing
          in data, but not necessarily the best data on each individual, since
          August. With the new build that will go out this weekend, AQ should
          again bring over the best data for an individual.

          Gaylon

          Alan Whitcomb wrote:
          > It is easy to do in AQ. I am assuming you have a new Familysearch account
          > of course.
          >
          > First, Highlight someone's name in AQ
          > Second. (on the Top Horizontal Menu) click on FamilySearch, then the fourth
          > option down is Login
          >
          > .. A small window pops up asking your name and password, fill out the form.
          > .. A small window pops up and says .. Congratulations, you have registerd as
          > (your name)
          >
          > >From there.. I like Link (Sync) me.
          >
          > There is another program that ONLY downloads from nFS to a file in your
          > computer. But it's not appropriat to discuss here.
          >

          > On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 1:59 PM, jwkillian1951 <jwkillian1951@...>wrote:
          >

          >> I have thousands of names on new family search and would like to import
          >> that information electronically to avoid having to enter each individual.
          >> The data base is better on new family search than family search. Is there
          >> any way I can do this?
          >>
          >> Jeff Killian

        • Jeff Killian
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 25, 2010

            Thank you very much.  I do have an account on the new FS but not FS.  I'll do as you suggest, and update my 12.1.22 AQ program this Sunday or next week.

            Thanks again,

            Jeff Killian