RE: [AQ_NFS] undo search and replace

  • emregister
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2010
      AQ does a good job of saving changes as you go. I have been in your
      position so here are my rules for me.

      1. Backup often and backup with different names. One backup that is
      constantly overwritten is really not much of a backup.
      2. Before doing anything globally such as replace names - ALWAYS make a
      backup.

      You may be able to replace in reverse. It may be worth a try but make a
      backup first :-) If you changed 'London' to 'London, England, United
      Kingdom' try changing ' London, England, United Kingdom' to'London' and
      start over.

      Good luck.

      Eric

      To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [AQ_NFS] undo search and replace

      I should know better but but after a very busy 3 days of genealogy (without
      saving), I did a replace names/dates/place and accidently hit the wrong
      place to change it with.
      I probably changed 200 places accidentally. Is there a way to undo my
      mistake?

      I printed a list of the changes so I have the rin numbers with errors. Will
      I have to go to each one and open it to make my changes?