undo search and replace

  • rivkavdg
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2010
      I should know better but but after a very busy 3 days of genealogy (without saving), I did a replace names/dates/place and accidently hit the wrong place to change it with.
      I probably changed 200 places accidentally. Is there a way to undo my mistake?

      I printed a list of the changes so I have the rin numbers with errors. Will I have to go to each one and open it to make my changes?
    • emregister
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2010
        AQ does a good job of saving changes as you go. I have been in your
        position so here are my rules for me.

        1. Backup often and backup with different names. One backup that is
        constantly overwritten is really not much of a backup.
        2. Before doing anything globally such as replace names - ALWAYS make a
        backup.

        You may be able to replace in reverse. It may be worth a try but make a
        backup first :-) If you changed 'London' to 'London, England, United
        Kingdom' try changing ' London, England, United Kingdom' to'London' and
        start over.

        Good luck.

        Eric

        To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com