Switching OFF nFS --- Attention Gaylon & any Incline staff

  • Stewart Millar
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 1, 2010
      I am still hoping for some help on the problem below ---- using AQ for a non
      LDS user still continues to show the temple icon on the pedigree screen if
      ordinances are detected as needed.

      In helping someone else . . . . . . having started with LDS data & link to
      nFS switched ON . . . . . .as this is for a non LDS member, we switched OFF
      the LDS data and switched OFF any links to nFS.

      This (seemed to) successfully dropped any access/links to LDS data and nFS -
      including the temple icons indicating the state of ordinances ----
      everything seemed OK.

      However ---- on the Pedigree View, for individuals that would qualify for
      Temple work, the temple icon is still showing --- but not in the Family
      View.

      This would seem to a fault that needs fixing.

      A second follow up question to this incident is that - the "Preferences" set
      for any AQ database (as in LDS&FS/no LDS&FS options) --- apply to any AQ
      database on the pc --- they are not specific for the single database being
      worked on. This gives me an overhead of having to switch these settings when
      I switch between databases that are LDS biased and those that are not. Could
      not these preferences be set to only apply to the specific database?

      === Stewart

    • emregister
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 2, 2010
        It can be a problem at a FHC when users run AQ and it is not as they expect.
        Our solution was

        1. We defined the preferences and other things as we would like to have
        them.
        2. We wrote a batch file and placed it on every computer.
        3. We placed the preferred AQ on one computer
        4. We created a desktop icon that will run the batch file.
        5. The batch file loads AQ on the computer and runs AQ.
        6. Now a patron can modify the preferences any way he/she wishes. The
        next time the program is run it will revert to our selected preferences.
        7. If we want to change any of the 'standard' preferences we need only
        change our master file.