RE: [AQ_NFS] Moving scrapbook location

  • emregister
    Message 1 of 48 , Feb 27, 2010
      Your approach will work but it is possible to globally change the location
      of the link. It is just that I am not doing it right. I hope someone has
      the solution. If I find it myself I will share it here.

      Eric

      To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] Moving scrapbook location

      Eric, When I put copies of my photos on a stick, the "location" changed (ie:
      C: became J:) and it was necessary to go into each scrapbook entry and
      "modify" by "browsing." Perhaps there is a clue in that for you. While
      tedious, it's worth the effort.

      S. Bailey

      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 2, 2010
        It can be a problem at a FHC when users run AQ and it is not as they expect.
        Our solution was

        1. We defined the preferences and other things as we would like to have
        them.
        2. We wrote a batch file and placed it on every computer.
        3. We placed the preferred AQ on one computer
        4. We created a desktop icon that will run the batch file.
        5. The batch file loads AQ on the computer and runs AQ.
        6. Now a patron can modify the preferences any way he/she wishes. The
        next time the program is run it will revert to our selected preferences.
        7. If we want to change any of the 'standard' preferences we need only
        change our master file.