Re: [AQ_NFS] Standardized place names

    Message 1 of 48 , Feb 22, 2010
      Dee:

      Just so you are aware, the requirement about standard place names during
      ordinance reservations does not seem to be enforced on AQ. I have
      recently, as I teach classes and make up fictitious people for sake of
      demonstrating AQ's ordinance reservation features, have found that I can
      reserve ordinances even when there are made-up places. I don't recommend
      skirting requirements, but I wouldn't get too hung up on the
      standardization requirement. You can, indeed, submit names for temple
      work through AQ even if these guidelines are not strictly followed.

      Gaylon

    • emregister
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 2, 2010
        It can be a problem at a FHC when users run AQ and it is not as they expect.
        Our solution was

        1. We defined the preferences and other things as we would like to have
        them.
        2. We wrote a batch file and placed it on every computer.
        3. We placed the preferred AQ on one computer
        4. We created a desktop icon that will run the batch file.
        5. The batch file loads AQ on the computer and runs AQ.
        6. Now a patron can modify the preferences any way he/she wishes. The
        next time the program is run it will revert to our selected preferences.
        7. If we want to change any of the 'standard' preferences we need only
        change our master file.