RE: [AQ_NFS] Synchronization - a need for a feature

  • emregister
    Message 1 of 48 , Feb 20, 2010
      That word is not circulated but synchronized. Outlook makes corrections and
      changes words and I sometime do not notice that it guessed wrong. Sorry

      Eric

      Subject: [AQ_NFS] Synchronization - a need for a feature

      This may be a message for Gaylon, or maybe the feature is already there and
      I don't know about it.

      It would be extremely useful if I had a method to determine if my record has
      changed since it was last circulated synchronized.. I am not referring to
      changes made in
      nFS but in changes made to my local record. I find I do a lot of
      unnecessary reviewing because I don't know if my local record has been
      changed and should be re-synced.

      My choice would be to have this feature in 2 ways:

      1. A symbol on the family screen that identifies a record as "changed
      since last synced".
      2. The ability to search and sort on the "changed since last synced"
      field.

      Would others find this a useful feature?

    • emregister
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 2, 2010
        It can be a problem at a FHC when users run AQ and it is not as they expect.
        Our solution was

        1. We defined the preferences and other things as we would like to have
        them.
        2. We wrote a batch file and placed it on every computer.
        3. We placed the preferred AQ on one computer
        4. We created a desktop icon that will run the batch file.
        5. The batch file loads AQ on the computer and runs AQ.
        6. Now a patron can modify the preferences any way he/she wishes. The
        next time the program is run it will revert to our selected preferences.
        7. If we want to change any of the 'standard' preferences we need only
        change our master file.