It can be a problem at a FHC when users run AQ and it is not as they expect.
Our solution was
1. We defined the preferences and other things as we would like to have
2. We wrote a batch file and placed it on every computer.
3. We placed the preferred AQ on one computer
4. We created a desktop icon that will run the batch file.
5. The batch file loads AQ on the computer and runs AQ.
6. Now a patron can modify the preferences any way he/she wishes. The
next time the program is run it will revert to our selected preferences.
7. If we want to change any of the 'standard' preferences we need only
change our master file.
] On Behalf Of
Sent: March 2, 2010 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] Switching OFF nFS --- Attention Gaylon & any Incline
fonts, icons, etc. I can see that if AQ is installed on a public
computer -- like in a library or a FHC, that each user may want
different preferences. We'll have to give this some thought.
In the meantime, a lot of FHCs 'clean' their computers often -- meaning
they remove databases, or perform a process that completely refreshes
the computer. A complete refresh would presumably set AQ's preferences
to initial settings. If a FHC staff member would include deleting the
preferences file for AQ when the databases are flushed, then this would
set AQ to a default state for at least the first person to use the
computer after such a cleaning.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]