Cause of Death Chart

  • cavalairesm
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2010
      I think it would be useful to see a descendancy chart which would list the individual, age at death and cause of death. This would graphically show a family history of diseases like heart disease, cancer, etc.

      Age at death can easily be calculated. A separate input field would be needed for cause of death. I am a Version 11 user. Please disregard if this has been provided in Version 12.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2010
        When you create a descendancy chart, you have options for Standard, Wall
        or Drop-line chart. Both the Wall chart and Drop-Line chart allow you to
        include the "Cause of Death". Including age at death and/or marriage on
        these charts sounds like a good suggestion. So, half of what you are
        asking for is already in AQ. To enter the cause of death, when on the
        Individual Edit screen, click on the "More" tab to view additional items
        that wouldn't fit on the main entry screen -- at least not for folks who
        still have 800x600 resolution screens.

        Gaylon

        cavalairesm wrote:
        > I think it would be useful to see a descendancy chart which would list the individual, age at death and cause of death. This would graphically show a family history of diseases like heart disease, cancer, etc.
        >
        > Age at death can easily be calculated. A separate input field would be needed for cause of death. I am a Version 11 user. Please disregard if this has been provided in Version 12.

      • emregister
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2010
          Eric & Marnie Abell

          Saanichton, BC Canada

          (250) 652 4616

          I thought I had this all figured out at one time but not now. I understand
          it is just the link that is being changed. My structure is m aq data for my
          data and m aq data/ m aq photos for the photos. I want this to be a
          relative definition.

          I wand to work with data on a USB stick at the HFC and then on my desk
          computer. The photos are in both places in the same structure.

          I tried entering m aq data but aq still looks at the wrong place with a
          pathname something like f:\ancestral quest\m aq data\m aq photos.

          Suggestions? I am missing something.