Not needed

  • Scott Scheibe
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2009
      Which should I choose when I have a record that died as child that
      has both temple work done and Not Needed?

      Scott Scheibe
      dsscheibe@...
      <http://scottsworld.info/gene.htm>

      Descendants of Capt. Henry WOODWARD
      <http://woodward.scottsworld.info/>
    • Richard Wolff
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2009
        Call the FamilySearch Help Desk at 1-866-406-1830 (that is April 6, 1830). They will have the best answer.

        Obviously someone did not have a death date and assumed the person lived past the 8 year mark and did the temple work.
        My brother's advice, "When in doubt do the work."
        If you have proof the child died before reaching 8 years record "Child"
        I know nFS notes it as "Not needed"
        Historically either "Child" or "Infant" was used in this field.
        I have always used "Child" and continue to do so.

        Richard Wolff