Help - marriage notes

  • register
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 10, 2009
      No sooner had I asked the question re marriage notes in nFS than I found the
      answer. Here is the method.

      In AQ it is easy, simply click on the marriage and add a note.

      Using AQ to add a note to nFS goes like this.

      Review the person in nFS (ctrl-E)

      Select 'Spouses/children)

      Clock on ;+/- children' to expand the marriage.

      Click on the marriage date/place.

      Click on 'notes' and you will be able to add a note for marriage or sealing
      which will appear in nFS.

      This AQ is a pretty slick program.

      23:33:00

    • register
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 17, 2009
        When I review batches rather than a date (for endowment for example) I get a
        'needs more information'. When I review the data there is enough to enable
        to ordinance to be performed.

        What is this 'needs more information' telling me?

        23:33:00

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 17, 2009
          Eric:

          This is a question for ... FamilySearch.

          One situation I am aware of is if the name of the person has punctuation
          in it, then the temple system won't reserve ordinances.

          Also, I understand that as of the .99 release of NFS that came out last
          Sunday, at least one place has to be "Standardized" -- I don't think
          this means you have to put the "United States" behind it, but NFS must
          be able to match it on their place database to make sure it is a valid
          place. If you've got unusual abbreviations for your places, this may
          cause NFS to reject a reservation.

          Gaylon

          register wrote:

          > When I review batches rather than a date (for endowment for example) I get a
          > 'needs more information'. When I review the data there is enough to enable
          > to ordinance to be performed.
          >

          > What is this 'needs more information' telling me?
          >

          > Eric

          > 23:33:00

        • register
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 19, 2009

            You asked for submissions for suggestions earlier. A big thing on my list
            is to have sealing to spouse shown on the search for individual screen. All
            the other ordinances are there as is the spouses name - can we have the
            sealing information as well?

            Eric

            Eric & Marnie Abell

            Saanichton, BC, Canada

            (250) 652 4616

            register wrote:

            > When I review batches rather than a date (for endowment for example) I get
            > 'needs more information'. When I review the data there is enough to enable
            > to ordinance to be performed.
            >

            > What is this 'needs more information' telling me?
            >

            > Eric

            > 23:33:00

            00:30:00

          • emregister
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 14, 2010
              Help,

              I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with nFS
              but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or the
              video would you please help me out.

              23:33:00

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 14, 2010
                Eric:

                1) Start AQ
                2) Click on the "FamilySearch" menu, just to the left of the "Help" menu
                3) Click on "View Tutorial"

                Gaylon

                emregister wrote:
                > Help,
                >

                > I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with nFS
                > but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or the
                > video would you please help me out.
                >

                > Eric
                >

                > Eric

                > 23:33:00

              • emregister
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 14, 2010

                  Right but that video concerning LDS ordinances addresses only the IGI. I am
                  sure I have seen a video you produced dealing with the nFS.

                  Eric

                  Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and nFS

                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 14, 2010
                    Eric:

                    We must not be talking about the same thing. The option I mentioned will
                    take you to a web page that lists about 10 videos dealing with NFS and
                    ORTS -- it doesn't mention the tutorials dealing with the IGI. You get
                    to that IGI tutorial through a very different set of steps.

                    Gaylon

                    emregister wrote:
                    > Gaylon,
                    >

                    > Right but that video concerning LDS ordinances addresses only the IGI. I am
                    > sure I have seen a video you produced dealing with the nFS.
                    >

                    > Eric
                    >

                    > Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and nFS
                    >

                    > Eric:
                    >
                    > 1) Start AQ
                    > 2) Click on the "FamilySearch" menu, just to the left of the "Help" menu
                    > 3) Click on "View Tutorial"
                    >
                    > Gaylon
                    >
                    > emregister wrote:
                    >
                    >> Help,
                    >>

                    >> I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with nFS
                    >> but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or
                    >>
                    > the
                    >
                    >> video would you please help me out.
                    >>

                    >> Eric
                    >>

                    >> Eric

                    >> 23:33:00

                  • emregister
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 14, 2010
                      Gaylon, you re right again.. I was looking under the help video stuff.

                      emregister wrote:
                      > Gaylon,
                      >

                      > Right but that video concerning LDS ordinances addresses only the IGI. I
                      am
                      > sure I have seen a video you produced dealing with the nFS.
                      >

                      > Eric
                      >

                      > Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and nFS
                      >

                      > Eric:
                      >
                      > 1) Start AQ
                      > 2) Click on the "FamilySearch" menu, just to the left of the "Help" menu
                      > 3) Click on "View Tutorial"
                      >
                      > Gaylon
                      >
                      > emregister wrote:
                      >
                      >> Help,
                      >>

                      >> I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with
                      nFS
                      >> but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or
                      >>
                      > the
                      >
                      >> video would you please help me out.
                      >>

                      >> Eric
                      >>

                      >> Eric

                      12/01/09

                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 14, 2010
                        Eric,

                        Did you go to the "FamilySearch" menu? In AQ, click on FamilySearch, then
                        View Tutorial, just like Gaylon says.

                        That takes you to tutorial concerning AQ and nFS.

                        /Gunilla

                        emregister wrote:
                        > Help,
                        >

                        > I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with nFS
                        > but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or
                        the
                        > video would you please help me out.
                        >

                        > Eric
                        >

                        > Eric

                        > 23:33:00

                      • Dee Whiting
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 15, 2010
                          It might be clearer if all videos were available under Help. Some can be
                          downloaded, which is a benefit for offline viewing. Is it in the works to
                          make all of them downloadable?

                          Thank you,

                          Dee

                          emregister wrote:
                          > Gaylon,
                          >

                          > Right but that video concerning LDS ordinances addresses only the IGI. I
                          am
                          > sure I have seen a video you produced dealing with the nFS.
                          >

                          > Eric
                          >

                          > Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and nFS
                          >

                          > Eric:
                          >
                          > 1) Start AQ
                          > 2) Click on the "FamilySearch" menu, just to the left of the "Help" menu
                          > 3) Click on "View Tutorial"
                          >
                          > Gaylon
                          >
                          > emregister wrote:
                          >
                          >> Help,
                          >>

                          >> I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with
                          nFS
                          >> but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or
                          >>
                          > the
                          >
                          >> video would you please help me out.
                          >>

                          >> Eric
                          >>

                          >> Eric