Help - marriage notes

  • register
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 10, 2009
      My objective is to add a note (opinion) concerning a marriage. Further, I
      want this note (opinion) to appear in nFS. Any suggestions?

      I can handle this for all standard events - birth, death etc. but not
      marriage.

      23:33:00

    • register
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 10, 2009
        No sooner had I asked the question re marriage notes in nFS than I found the
        answer. Here is the method.

        In AQ it is easy, simply click on the marriage and add a note.

        Using AQ to add a note to nFS goes like this.

        Review the person in nFS (ctrl-E)

        Select 'Spouses/children)

        Clock on ;+/- children' to expand the marriage.

        Click on the marriage date/place.

        Click on 'notes' and you will be able to add a note for marriage or sealing
        which will appear in nFS.

        This AQ is a pretty slick program.

        23:33:00

      • register
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 17, 2009
          When I review batches rather than a date (for endowment for example) I get a
          'needs more information'. When I review the data there is enough to enable
          to ordinance to be performed.

          What is this 'needs more information' telling me?

          23:33:00

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 17, 2009
            Eric:

            This is a question for ... FamilySearch.

            One situation I am aware of is if the name of the person has punctuation
            in it, then the temple system won't reserve ordinances.

            Also, I understand that as of the .99 release of NFS that came out last
            Sunday, at least one place has to be "Standardized" -- I don't think
            this means you have to put the "United States" behind it, but NFS must
            be able to match it on their place database to make sure it is a valid
            place. If you've got unusual abbreviations for your places, this may
            cause NFS to reject a reservation.

            Gaylon

            register wrote:

            > When I review batches rather than a date (for endowment for example) I get a
            > 'needs more information'. When I review the data there is enough to enable
            > to ordinance to be performed.
            >

            > What is this 'needs more information' telling me?
            >

            > Eric

            > 23:33:00

          • register
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 19, 2009

              You asked for submissions for suggestions earlier. A big thing on my list
              is to have sealing to spouse shown on the search for individual screen. All
              the other ordinances are there as is the spouses name - can we have the
              sealing information as well?

              Eric

              Eric & Marnie Abell

              Saanichton, BC, Canada

              (250) 652 4616

              register wrote:

              > When I review batches rather than a date (for endowment for example) I get
              > 'needs more information'. When I review the data there is enough to enable
              > to ordinance to be performed.
              >

              > What is this 'needs more information' telling me?
              >

              > Eric

              > 23:33:00

              00:30:00

            • emregister
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 14, 2010
                Help,

                I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with nFS
                but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or the
                video would you please help me out.

                23:33:00

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 14, 2010
                  Eric:

                  1) Start AQ
                  2) Click on the "FamilySearch" menu, just to the left of the "Help" menu
                  3) Click on "View Tutorial"

                  Gaylon

                  emregister wrote:
                  > Help,
                  >

                  > I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with nFS
                  > but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or the
                  > video would you please help me out.
                  >

                  > Eric
                  >

                  > Eric

                  > 23:33:00

                • emregister
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 14, 2010

                    Right but that video concerning LDS ordinances addresses only the IGI. I am
                    sure I have seen a video you produced dealing with the nFS.

                    Eric

                    Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and nFS

                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 14, 2010
                      Eric:

                      We must not be talking about the same thing. The option I mentioned will
                      take you to a web page that lists about 10 videos dealing with NFS and
                      ORTS -- it doesn't mention the tutorials dealing with the IGI. You get
                      to that IGI tutorial through a very different set of steps.

                      Gaylon

                      emregister wrote:
                      > Gaylon,
                      >

                      > Right but that video concerning LDS ordinances addresses only the IGI. I am
                      > sure I have seen a video you produced dealing with the nFS.
                      >

                      > Eric
                      >

                      > Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and nFS
                      >

                      > Eric:
                      >
                      > 1) Start AQ
                      > 2) Click on the "FamilySearch" menu, just to the left of the "Help" menu
                      > 3) Click on "View Tutorial"
                      >
                      > Gaylon
                      >
                      > emregister wrote:
                      >
                      >> Help,
                      >>

                      >> I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with nFS
                      >> but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or
                      >>
                      > the
                      >
                      >> video would you please help me out.
                      >>

                      >> Eric
                      >>

                      >> Eric

                      >> 23:33:00

                    • emregister
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 14, 2010
                        Gaylon, you re right again.. I was looking under the help video stuff.

                        emregister wrote:
                        > Gaylon,
                        >

                        > Right but that video concerning LDS ordinances addresses only the IGI. I
                        am
                        > sure I have seen a video you produced dealing with the nFS.
                        >

                        > Eric
                        >

                        > Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and nFS
                        >

                        > Eric:
                        >
                        > 1) Start AQ
                        > 2) Click on the "FamilySearch" menu, just to the left of the "Help" menu
                        > 3) Click on "View Tutorial"
                        >
                        > Gaylon
                        >
                        > emregister wrote:
                        >
                        >> Help,
                        >>

                        >> I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with
                        nFS
                        >> but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or
                        >>
                        > the
                        >
                        >> video would you please help me out.
                        >>

                        >> Eric
                        >>

                        >> Eric

                        12/01/09

                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 14, 2010
                          Eric,

                          Did you go to the "FamilySearch" menu? In AQ, click on FamilySearch, then
                          View Tutorial, just like Gaylon says.

                          That takes you to tutorial concerning AQ and nFS.

                          /Gunilla

                          emregister wrote:
                          > Help,
                          >

                          > I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with nFS
                          > but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or
                          the
                          > video would you please help me out.
                          >

                          > Eric
                          >

                          > Eric

                          > 23:33:00

                        • Dee Whiting
                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 15, 2010
                            It might be clearer if all videos were available under Help. Some can be
                            downloaded, which is a benefit for offline viewing. Is it in the works to
                            make all of them downloadable?

                            Thank you,

                            Dee

                            emregister wrote:
                            > Gaylon,
                            >

                            > Right but that video concerning LDS ordinances addresses only the IGI. I
                            am
                            > sure I have seen a video you produced dealing with the nFS.
                            >

                            > Eric
                            >

                            > Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and nFS
                            >

                            > Eric:
                            >
                            > 1) Start AQ
                            > 2) Click on the "FamilySearch" menu, just to the left of the "Help" menu
                            > 3) Click on "View Tutorial"
                            >
                            > Gaylon
                            >
                            > emregister wrote:
                            >
                            >> Help,
                            >>

                            >> I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with
                            nFS
                            >> but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or
                            >>
                            > the
                            >
                            >> video would you please help me out.
                            >>

                            >> Eric
                            >>

                            >> Eric