Replace/Edit remote fact

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
      It I elect to relace a remote event it may or it may not. If the event is a birth and I replace it with my data which is the standardized place name it looks like it will work but in reviewing in nFS it has not been replaced. Nothing happenss. It did, however, in the few I looked at, work to replace the burial event.

      If I Add to the remote as an additional fact then nFS shows my new entry as an alternate addess.

      The additional information is fine but it should be clear that the data is not being replaced.

      Eric
    • Eric
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
        Further to the situation below. How does it happen that when reviewing a person my ordinance information is marked (unofficial) but I have a chance to sync this ordinance data to nFS. I elect to do that but, again, no change occurrs in nFS. I can understand why it would not change but I cannot understand why AQ implies that it will change.

        Eric

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
          Eric:

          This sounds like a bug. Either in AQ or in the nFS API. Can you try to
          replace this data again, but this time take some screen shots of the
          screen before you select the item to replace, then of the options box
          when you are instructing AQ to replace the item, and then the results?
          And send these screen shots directly to me. I'll see if I can figure out
          what is going on.

          One of the problems with nFS is that we can't perform the exact same
          situation as you can, because nFS allows you to do things with your
          records that it won't let anyone else do. But we'll look into it.

          Thanks,

          Gaylon

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
            Eric:

            Again, please take some screen shots to document visually what you are
            doing and send them directly to me. It will help us recreate a similar
            situation as best as we can to answer this better.

            Gaylon

            Eric wrote:
            > Further to the situation below. How does it happen that when reviewing a person my ordinance information is marked (unofficial) but I have a chance to sync this ordinance data to nFS. I elect to do that but, again, no change occurrs in nFS. I can understand why it would not change but I cannot understand why AQ implies that it will change.
            >
            > Eric
            >

            > --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <emregister@...> wrote:
            >
            >> It I elect to relace a remote event it may or it may not. If the event is a birth and I replace it with my data which is the standardized place name it looks like it will work but in reviewing in nFS it has not been replaced. Nothing happenss. It did, however, in the few I looked at, work to replace the burial event.
            >>
            >> If I Add to the remote as an additional fact then nFS shows my new entry as an alternate addess.
            >>
            >> The additional information is fine but it should be clear that the data is not being replaced.
            >>
            >> Eric

          • register
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009

              Unfortunately I cannot replicate it. I have tried. It comes up often but
              not every time. It is a nuisance but nothing more. No data is lost and
              little time is lost. If I can replicate it I will get some additional
              information and screen shots to you.

              Eric wrote:
              > It I elect to relace a remote event it may or it may not. If the event is
              a birth and I replace it with my data which is the standardized place name
              it looks like it will work but in reviewing in nFS it has not been replaced.
              Nothing happenss. It did, however, in the few I looked at, work to replace
              the burial event.

              > If I Add to the remote as an additional fact then nFS shows my new entry
              as an alternate addess.

              > The additional information is fine but it should be clear that the data is
              not being replaced.

              > Eric

            • register
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
                I have the screen shots but I should send them to you privately rather than
                plug up this forum. I will send them to wherever you direct.

                Eric

                Eric & Marnie Abell

                Saanichton, BC, Canada

                (250) 652 4616

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
                  Eric:

                  Send them to my address, gfindlay@....

                  Thanks,

                  Gaylon

                  register wrote:
                  > I have the screen shots but I should send them to you privately rather than
                  > plug up this forum. I will send them to wherever you direct.
                  >

                  > Eric
                  >

                  > Eric & Marnie Abell
                  >
                  > Saanichton, BC, Canada
                  >
                  > (250) 652 4616

                • register
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 4, 2009
                    Now that I have synchronized everyone I want to check the parent and spouse
                    sealings. I am not having a lot of luck. Is there a tutorial or more
                    comprehensive description than on the help system? Any ideas/tips will be
                    appreciated.