Re: [AQ_NFS] import family lines -- missing info

  • George E. Wright
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 2, 2009
      I am beginning to get concerned. It appears that NFS is becoming increasingly fragile and prone to inconsistent data linkages to third-party software (such as AncestralQuest).

      Gaylon, do the people at NFS seem to be showing care and diligence with their data integrity? Or are they becoming reckless? Can you tell me if simply Syncing my records to NFS is endangering my local AQ files?

      George

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 10, 2009
        My objective is to add a note (opinion) concerning a marriage. Further, I
        want this note (opinion) to appear in nFS. Any suggestions?

        I can handle this for all standard events - birth, death etc. but not
        marriage.

        23:33:00

      • register
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 10, 2009
          No sooner had I asked the question re marriage notes in nFS than I found the
          answer. Here is the method.

          In AQ it is easy, simply click on the marriage and add a note.

          Using AQ to add a note to nFS goes like this.

          Review the person in nFS (ctrl-E)

          Select 'Spouses/children)

          Clock on ;+/- children' to expand the marriage.

          Click on the marriage date/place.

          Click on 'notes' and you will be able to add a note for marriage or sealing
          which will appear in nFS.

          This AQ is a pretty slick program.

          23:33:00

        • register
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 17, 2009
            When I review batches rather than a date (for endowment for example) I get a
            'needs more information'. When I review the data there is enough to enable
            to ordinance to be performed.

            What is this 'needs more information' telling me?

            23:33:00

            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 17, 2009
              Eric:

              This is a question for ... FamilySearch.

              One situation I am aware of is if the name of the person has punctuation
              in it, then the temple system won't reserve ordinances.

              Also, I understand that as of the .99 release of NFS that came out last
              Sunday, at least one place has to be "Standardized" -- I don't think
              this means you have to put the "United States" behind it, but NFS must
              be able to match it on their place database to make sure it is a valid
              place. If you've got unusual abbreviations for your places, this may
              cause NFS to reject a reservation.

              Gaylon

              register wrote:

              > When I review batches rather than a date (for endowment for example) I get a
              > 'needs more information'. When I review the data there is enough to enable
              > to ordinance to be performed.
              >

              > What is this 'needs more information' telling me?
              >

              > Eric

              > 23:33:00

            • register
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 19, 2009

                You asked for submissions for suggestions earlier. A big thing on my list
                is to have sealing to spouse shown on the search for individual screen. All
                the other ordinances are there as is the spouses name - can we have the
                sealing information as well?

                Eric

                Eric & Marnie Abell

                Saanichton, BC, Canada

                (250) 652 4616

                register wrote:

                > When I review batches rather than a date (for endowment for example) I get
                > 'needs more information'. When I review the data there is enough to enable
                > to ordinance to be performed.
                >

                > What is this 'needs more information' telling me?
                >

                > Eric

                > 23:33:00

                00:30:00

              • emregister
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 14 4:51 PM
                  Help,

                  I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with nFS
                  but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or the
                  video would you please help me out.

                  23:33:00

                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 14 5:21 PM
                    Eric:

                    1) Start AQ
                    2) Click on the "FamilySearch" menu, just to the left of the "Help" menu
                    3) Click on "View Tutorial"

                    Gaylon

                    emregister wrote:
                    > Help,
                    >

                    > I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with nFS
                    > but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or the
                    > video would you please help me out.
                    >

                    > Eric
                    >

                    > Eric

                    > 23:33:00

                  • emregister
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 14 5:46 PM

                      Right but that video concerning LDS ordinances addresses only the IGI. I am
                      sure I have seen a video you produced dealing with the nFS.

                      Eric

                      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and nFS

                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 14 7:23 PM
                        Eric:

                        We must not be talking about the same thing. The option I mentioned will
                        take you to a web page that lists about 10 videos dealing with NFS and
                        ORTS -- it doesn't mention the tutorials dealing with the IGI. You get
                        to that IGI tutorial through a very different set of steps.

                        Gaylon

                        emregister wrote:
                        > Gaylon,
                        >

                        > Right but that video concerning LDS ordinances addresses only the IGI. I am
                        > sure I have seen a video you produced dealing with the nFS.
                        >

                        > Eric
                        >

                        > Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and nFS
                        >

                        > Eric:
                        >
                        > 1) Start AQ
                        > 2) Click on the "FamilySearch" menu, just to the left of the "Help" menu
                        > 3) Click on "View Tutorial"
                        >
                        > Gaylon
                        >
                        > emregister wrote:
                        >
                        >> Help,
                        >>

                        >> I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with nFS
                        >> but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or
                        >>
                        > the
                        >
                        >> video would you please help me out.
                        >>

                        >> Eric
                        >>

                        >> Eric

                        >> 23:33:00

                      • emregister
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 14 7:27 PM
                          Gaylon, you re right again.. I was looking under the help video stuff.

                          emregister wrote:
                          > Gaylon,
                          >

                          > Right but that video concerning LDS ordinances addresses only the IGI. I
                          am
                          > sure I have seen a video you produced dealing with the nFS.
                          >

                          > Eric
                          >

                          > Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and nFS
                          >

                          > Eric:
                          >
                          > 1) Start AQ
                          > 2) Click on the "FamilySearch" menu, just to the left of the "Help" menu
                          > 3) Click on "View Tutorial"
                          >
                          > Gaylon
                          >
                          > emregister wrote:
                          >
                          >> Help,
                          >>

                          >> I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with
                          nFS
                          >> but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or
                          >>
                          > the
                          >
                          >> video would you please help me out.
                          >>

                          >> Eric
                          >>

                          >> Eric

                          12/01/09

                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 14 7:38 PM
                            Eric,

                            Did you go to the "FamilySearch" menu? In AQ, click on FamilySearch, then
                            View Tutorial, just like Gaylon says.

                            That takes you to tutorial concerning AQ and nFS.

                            /Gunilla

                            emregister wrote:
                            > Help,
                            >

                            > I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with nFS
                            > but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or
                            the
                            > video would you please help me out.
                            >

                            > Eric
                            >

                            > Eric

                            > 23:33:00

                          • Dee Whiting
                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 15 11:26 AM
                              It might be clearer if all videos were available under Help. Some can be
                              downloaded, which is a benefit for offline viewing. Is it in the works to
                              make all of them downloadable?

                              Thank you,

                              Dee

                              emregister wrote:
                              > Gaylon,
                              >

                              > Right but that video concerning LDS ordinances addresses only the IGI. I
                              am
                              > sure I have seen a video you produced dealing with the nFS.
                              >

                              > Eric
                              >

                              > Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] AQ and nFS
                              >

                              > Eric:
                              >
                              > 1) Start AQ
                              > 2) Click on the "FamilySearch" menu, just to the left of the "Help" menu
                              > 3) Click on "View Tutorial"
                              >
                              > Gaylon
                              >
                              > emregister wrote:
                              >
                              >> Help,
                              >>

                              >> I know Gaylon put together a video tutorial of AQ and how to deal with
                              nFS
                              >> but I cannot find it. If anyone still has the email advising of this or
                              >>
                              > the
                              >
                              >> video would you please help me out.
                              >>

                              >> Eric
                              >>

                              >> Eric