Keyboard Shortcuts

  • Dee
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
      The underlined keys don't seem to work as keyboard shortcuts. For example, when I do Alt-y to try to access the FamilySearch tab (the y is underlined), nothing happens.

      On the Review Individual screen, there are no underlined keys at all.

      What am I missing?

      Thank you,
      Dee
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
        Dee:

        Hmmm. I just tried the <Alt+y> from the Family Screen of AQ, and the
        FamilySearch menu opened. I can't think of why it wouldn't.

        The Review Individual screen has mnemonics for some of the buttons. You
        might have to depress the <Alt> key to have your Windows show these. The
        main display of local and individual data does not have any mnemonics.

        Gaylon

        Dee wrote:
        > The underlined keys don't seem to work as keyboard shortcuts. For example, when I do Alt-y to try to access the FamilySearch tab (the y is underlined), nothing happens.
        >
        > On the Review Individual screen, there are no underlined keys at all.
        >
        > What am I missing?
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Dee

      • Dee Whiting
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009

          Thank you so much for speedily answering both my questions. I discovered
          that I hadn't clicked on the screen. Once I did so, I was able to use the
          keyboard shortcuts.

          Your explanation about NFS using the first item in the list to fill in the
          data was useful to know. I'll deal with it!

          Already, seeing all the data from NFS in AQ has made it easier to see the
          status of each person's temple work as well as missing life events.