Re: [AQ_NFS] New Comparison Video

  • tcurtis Genealogy
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2009
      Gaylon;
      Appreciate the comparison video and chart. The video is also a great learning tool. Thanks and well done.

      Enjoy the search!
      Thayne
      tcurtisGen@...

      On 24 Nov 2009, at 6:10 PM, Gaylon Findlay wrote:

      > All:
      >
      > We have just completed a new video that is designed to show the
      > differences between the 3 FamilySearch Certified desktop affiliate
      > products: Ancestral Quest, FamilyInsight and Roots Magic. We expect that
      > most on this group have already found that they prefer AQ over these
      > other products, but we expect that some of you may still be deciding, or
      > would be interested in reviewing this comparison. (Even if you don't
      > care to see how the other products fare, you may learn some things about
      > AQ by watching this video :-) The video compares only features dealing
      > with NFS, and doesn't otherwise compare these products.)
      >
      > You can find it at this address:
      >
      > http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/CompareFS/FS%20Affiliate%20Comparison.html
      >
      > We have also put together a comparison chart to accompany this video. It
      > can be found at:
      >
      > http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/CompareFS/MostComprehensiveSyncComparison.pdf
      >
      > Before we announce this video and comparison chart publicly, we are
      > asking any of you who are willing to watch this video and review the
      > chart and give us feedback to do so. We do not want to publish something
      > that is inaccurate.
      >
      > We hope to announce this video before this coming weekend, so if you
      > could, please have any comments to us by Friday morning (11/27/09).
      >
      > Thanks for your help!
      >
      > Gaylon

      <snip>
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 25, 2009
        Go into the FamilySearch menu of AQ, then select the "Ordinance
        Reservation and Tracking System" option. From the screen that pops up,
        click on "Enable Temple Mode". This will turn on a preference to see
        these temple icons until you decide to turn them off by disabling the
        temple mode in the same way.

        Gaylon

        Ronald Sudweeks wrote:
        > Gaylon Findlay wrote:
        >
        >> All:
        >>
        >> We have just completed a new video that is designed to show the
        >> differences between the 3 FamilySearch Certified desktop affiliate
        >> products: Ancestral Quest, FamilyInsight and Roots Magic. We expect that
        >> most on this group have already found that they prefer AQ over these
        >> other products, but we expect that some of you may still be deciding, or
        >> would be interested in reviewing this comparison. (Even if you don't
        >> care to see how the other products fare, you may learn some things about
        >> AQ by watching this video :-) The video compares only features dealing
        >> with NFS, and doesn't otherwise compare these products.)
        >>
        >> You can find it at this address:
        >>
        >> http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/CompareFS/FS%20Affiliate%20Comparison.html
        >>
        >> We have also put together a comparison chart to accompany this video. It
        >> can be found at:
        >>
        >> http://www.inclinesoftware.net/files/CompareFS/MostComprehensiveSyncComparison.pdf
        >>
        >> Before we announce this video and comparison chart publicly, we are
        >> asking any of you who are willing to watch this video and review the
        >> chart and give us feedback to do so. We do not want to publish something
        >> that is inaccurate.
        >>
        >> We hope to announce this video before this coming weekend, so if you
        >> could, please have any comments to us by Friday morning (11/27/09).
        >>
        >> Thanks for your help!
        >>
        >> Gaylon

        >> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4634 (20091124) __________

        >> http://www.eset.com
        >>

        > It's me again, I am watching the video now and looking at my data (a
        > .paf file side be side on a second monitor) and wondered about getting
        > the "check mark and temple icon to show in the right side of the name
        > field, what switch am I missing to display it, I have the circle and
        > clipped corner, and the small square showing, but not the check mark and
        > temple icon?

      • Ronald Sudweeks
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 25, 2009
          Gaylon Findlay wrote:
          > Go into the FamilySearch menu of AQ, then select the "Ordinance
          > Reservation and Tracking System" option. From the screen that pops up,
          > click on "Enable Temple Mode". This will turn on a preference to see
          > these temple icons until you decide to turn them off by disabling the
          > temple mode in the same way.
          >
          > Gaylon

          Bingo, that was it, thank you!!

          --