Re: [AQ_NFS] New build problems

  • Richard Rands
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 10, 2009
      Something very wrong is happening in NFS. I have
      been trying to get the support team to get the
      programmers to look at the problem, but they have
      yet to acknowledge the problem. Nearly three
      years ago, when our temple district was added to
      the system, I disputed an "unknown child" record
      that showed up in my great grandfather's
      family. After providing sufficient documentation
      that the child had never existed, they eventually
      removed the record along with the dispute. That
      was over two years ago. Last week, out of
      nowhere, that old dispute for an "unknown child"
      reappeared in my great grandfather's family, but
      this time it was assigned to my grandfather -
      whose lap I remember sitting in. I only found
      out about it because last week my mother, who
      lives in Utah, was being trained on the use of
      NFS, discovered that I had disputed the existence
      of her father. She was not happy, and her
      instructor had her dispute my dispute! Of
      course, that only made matters worse. I looked
      at other family records in the system and
      discovered that other very old disputes have been
      replicated across multiple siblings. In
      addition, now that the Wasatch front is coming on
      board, one of my great greatgrandfathers has
      suddenly gone from having nine children to having
      23 children. Most of which have now been
      disputed by others. The system has gone amok.

      If there was ever an argument for having us
      maintain our own family history in our own personal databases, NFS is it.

      Richard Rands