RE: [AQ_NFS] New build problems

  • register
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009

      He only problem remaining is the duplicate records when I review a batch.
      However, when I removed all batches and reconciled and reviewed all the
      problems went away. Should all batches always be removed before
      reconciling?

      Another problem. I have a record that has been synched. Now I cannot
      review, nor can I unlink. The message "FamilySearch was unable to find he
      information you requested error 404"

      I have done the check/repair.

      Eric

      Eric:

      We have found that the duplicates are caused by an error in the internal
      index of the NFS IDs in your AQ database. The new Check/Repair should
      fix this, so that in the future, the Reconcile will find the records and
      not add them to the list yet again.

      As to the single batch showing all batches, I'd have to look into this.
      I just tried this, and it worked as expected on my file. I have two
      batches -- first used the "Review All" and saw all records, then
      selected just one batch and used the "Review" button to see just the
      records of that batch. Could you double-check this, and perhaps send me
      some additional details?

      Gaylon

      register wrote:
      > Gaylon;
      >
      > Some nice features in the recent build. A couple of problems. When I
      > reconciled and then reviewed all batches I was presented with many names
      > repeated many times. To have the names alphabetized was good but to have
      > this done on the last name would be even better. Deleting all batches and
      > reconciling again solved the duplicate problem.
      >

      > I have reconciled and then 'reviewed all'. Now if I select a single batch
      > to review I am presented with the 'all' list rather than the list of names
      > on the selected batch.
      >

      > But I love AQ.
      >

      > Eric

    • register
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009
        Gaylon, an addendum. I get a second error message "unable to verify
        K4ZM-71V from FamilySearch. (guar 1)

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009
          Eric:

          NFS was down for a while tonight, about the time you got this error. I
          think that if you'll try this again, now that NFS is up again, this
          shouldn't be a problem.

          Gaylon

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009
            Eric:

            Some of what you have in your batches will come back when you reconcile,
            but NFS forgets some things. If you remove the batches, then reconcile,
            you'll certainly clean up the duplication, but you'll also possibly lose
            other information you'd rather hang onto.

            I found that if you'll view all batches at once, now that AQ
            alphabetizes the list, you can very quickly spot and remove the
            duplicates -- simply click on the duplicate name, type <Alt+M> to
            activate the "Remove" button, then type a 'Y' for "Yes". So a couple of
            keystrokes for each duplicate will clean them out very quickly.

            The other error you mention with a 404 code has to do with the fact that
            NFS was down tonight while you tried that.

            Gaylon

            register wrote:
            > Gaylon,
            >
            > He only problem remaining is the duplicate records when I review a batch.
            > However, when I removed all batches and reconciled and reviewed all the
            > problems went away. Should all batches always be removed before
            > reconciling?
            >

            > Another problem. I have a record that has been synched. Now I cannot
            > review, nor can I unlink. The message "FamilySearch was unable to find he
            > information you requested error 404"
            >
            > I have done the check/repair.
            >

            > Eric
            >

            > Eric:
            >
            > We have found that the duplicates are caused by an error in the internal
            > index of the NFS IDs in your AQ database. The new Check/Repair should
            > fix this, so that in the future, the Reconcile will find the records and
            > not add them to the list yet again.
            >
            > As to the single batch showing all batches, I'd have to look into this.
            > I just tried this, and it worked as expected on my file. I have two
            > batches -- first used the "Review All" and saw all records, then
            > selected just one batch and used the "Review" button to see just the
            > records of that batch. Could you double-check this, and perhaps send me
            > some additional details?
            >
            > Gaylon
            >
            > register wrote:
            >
            >> Gaylon;
            >>
            >> Some nice features in the recent build. A couple of problems. When I
            >> reconciled and then reviewed all batches I was presented with many names
            >> repeated many times. To have the names alphabetized was good but to have
            >> this done on the last name would be even better. Deleting all batches and
            >> reconciling again solved the duplicate problem.
            >>

            >> I have reconciled and then 'reviewed all'. Now if I select a single batch
            >> to review I am presented with the 'all' list rather than the list of names
            >> on the selected batch.
            >>

            >> But I love AQ.
            >>

            >> Eric

          • register
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 10, 2009

              Thanks. And I guess I may have lost some information.

              register wrote:
              > Gaylon,
              >
              > He only problem remaining is the duplicate records when I review a batch.
              > However, when I removed all batches and reconciled and reviewed all the
              > problems went away. Should all batches always be removed before
              > reconciling?
              >

              > Another problem. I have a record that has been synched. Now I cannot
              > review, nor can I unlink. The message "FamilySearch was unable to find he
              > information you requested error 404"
              >
              > I have done the check/repair.
              >

              > Eric
              >

              > Eric:
              >
              > We have found that the duplicates are caused by an error in the internal
              > index of the NFS IDs in your AQ database. The new Check/Repair should
              > fix this, so that in the future, the Reconcile will find the records and
              > not add them to the list yet again.
              >
              > As to the single batch showing all batches, I'd have to look into this.
              > I just tried this, and it worked as expected on my file. I have two
              > batches -- first used the "Review All" and saw all records, then
              > selected just one batch and used the "Review" button to see just the
              > records of that batch. Could you double-check this, and perhaps send me
              > some additional details?
              >
              > Gaylon
              >
              > register wrote:
              >
              >> Gaylon;
              >>
              >> Some nice features in the recent build. A couple of problems. When I
              >> reconciled and then reviewed all batches I was presented with many names
              >> repeated many times. To have the names alphabetized was good but to have
              >> this done on the last name would be even better. Deleting all batches and
              >> reconciling again solved the duplicate problem.
              >>

              >> I have reconciled and then 'reviewed all'. Now if I select a single batch
              >> to review I am presented with the 'all' list rather than the list of
              names
              >> on the selected batch.
              >>

              >> But I love AQ.
              >>

              >> Eric

            • Richard Rands
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 10, 2009
                Something very wrong is happening in NFS. I have
                been trying to get the support team to get the
                programmers to look at the problem, but they have
                yet to acknowledge the problem. Nearly three
                years ago, when our temple district was added to
                the system, I disputed an "unknown child" record
                that showed up in my great grandfather's
                family. After providing sufficient documentation
                that the child had never existed, they eventually
                removed the record along with the dispute. That
                was over two years ago. Last week, out of
                nowhere, that old dispute for an "unknown child"
                reappeared in my great grandfather's family, but
                this time it was assigned to my grandfather -
                whose lap I remember sitting in. I only found
                out about it because last week my mother, who
                lives in Utah, was being trained on the use of
                NFS, discovered that I had disputed the existence
                of her father. She was not happy, and her
                instructor had her dispute my dispute! Of
                course, that only made matters worse. I looked
                at other family records in the system and
                discovered that other very old disputes have been
                replicated across multiple siblings. In
                addition, now that the Wasatch front is coming on
                board, one of my great greatgrandfathers has
                suddenly gone from having nine children to having
                23 children. Most of which have now been
                disputed by others. The system has gone amok.

                If there was ever an argument for having us
                maintain our own family history in our own personal databases, NFS is it.

                Richard Rands