Re: [AQ_NFS] NFSCache folder

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2009
      Jay:

      The folder keeps copies of the data out in NFS for the people you have
      synced with. This speeds up access next time you want to review these
      people. If you go to the "Preferences" folder under the "Tools" menu of
      AQ, then to the "FamilySearch" tab, you'll see some options for
      disabling or enabling this cache, and for clearing out these files if
      you want to. If you clear them out, but continue to use caching, you
      will see new files added to this folder again as you continue to use AQ.
      This data is not necessary -- if it is removed, AQ will read the info
      directly from NFS, but that takes longer.

      Due to a change in NFS recently, AQ is no longer using this cache as
      much as it used to, because NFS no longer provides certain information
      required by AQ to make good use of this cache. I'd recommend that you
      flush the cache.

      Gaylon

      jayhagfeldt wrote:
      > I keep AQ and my databases on a flash drive and backup the whole flashdrive to a hard disk often. I've noticed that the NFSCache folder contains quite a bit of information and takes awhile to backup. Does anyone know what the data in this folder is used for and is it necessary to keep?
      >
      > Regards.
      > Jay

    • jayhagfeldt
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2009