Beta test of NFS

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2009
      All:

      The FamilySearch team is about to start a beta test of its newest
      version, which should be released by the end of this month. Each time
      they make changes to NFS, it can affect Ancestral Quest's handling of
      NFS data and cause side effects.

      We are asking for volunteers to test AQ with the beta version of NFS
      during the next couple of weeks. If you would like to participate,
      please send me your name and LDS Church membership number. I will need
      to get this information to FamilySearch so they can activate your
      account in their beta system. The NFS beta is slated to start November
      12. You will be using a copy of the NFS Family Tree data while you test,
      so any changes made to the NFS system will not be permanent, but it
      gives you a chance to test things you might otherwise hesitate to do,
      because you will be working with a copy of the data, rather than with
      the real Family Tree database.

      If you would like to participate, please send a private e-mail to me at
      gfindlay@..., with your first name, last name and membership
      number.

      Thanks,

      Gaylon