Re: [AQ_NFS] aq freezes

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2009
      This sounds like a rare situation that is easily fixed. If my hunch is
      correct, something has caused your Notes screen to display out of view
      -- as if you had dragged it off of the screen. AQ is not really
      freezing, but the note screen is up and waiting for you to do something
      with it. You have two fixes for this:

      1) When this happens, just hit the <Esc> key to close the Notes screen,
      and the rest of AQ should work fine. Problem with this option is that
      you won't be able to work with your notes.

      2) When this happens, move the Notes screen into view. The way to do
      this is hold the <Alt> key down on your keyboard and hit the Space bar.
      This will activate a Windows menu. One of the options is "Move" -- you
      can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the Notes screen around
      until you can see it, then use the mouse to position it as you normally
      would.

      Gaylon

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2009
        All:

        The FamilySearch team is about to start a beta test of its newest
        version, which should be released by the end of this month. Each time
        they make changes to NFS, it can affect Ancestral Quest's handling of
        NFS data and cause side effects.

        We are asking for volunteers to test AQ with the beta version of NFS
        during the next couple of weeks. If you would like to participate,
        please send me your name and LDS Church membership number. I will need
        to get this information to FamilySearch so they can activate your
        account in their beta system. The NFS beta is slated to start November
        12. You will be using a copy of the NFS Family Tree data while you test,
        so any changes made to the NFS system will not be permanent, but it
        gives you a chance to test things you might otherwise hesitate to do,
        because you will be working with a copy of the data, rather than with
        the real Family Tree database.

        If you would like to participate, please send a private e-mail to me at
        gfindlay@..., with your first name, last name and membership
        number.

        Thanks,

        Gaylon