aq freezes

  • rivkavdg
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2009
      Something happened. I didn't do anything new (that I'm aware of) but every time I try to open the notes of an individual, aq freezes completely and the only way to exit is to do a ctr-alt-del.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2009
        This sounds like a rare situation that is easily fixed. If my hunch is
        correct, something has caused your Notes screen to display out of view
        -- as if you had dragged it off of the screen. AQ is not really
        freezing, but the note screen is up and waiting for you to do something
        with it. You have two fixes for this:

        1) When this happens, just hit the <Esc> key to close the Notes screen,
        and the rest of AQ should work fine. Problem with this option is that
        you won't be able to work with your notes.

        2) When this happens, move the Notes screen into view. The way to do
        this is hold the <Alt> key down on your keyboard and hit the Space bar.
        This will activate a Windows menu. One of the options is "Move" -- you
        can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the Notes screen around
        until you can see it, then use the mouse to position it as you normally
        would.

        Gaylon

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2009
          All:

          The FamilySearch team is about to start a beta test of its newest
          version, which should be released by the end of this month. Each time
          they make changes to NFS, it can affect Ancestral Quest's handling of
          NFS data and cause side effects.

          We are asking for volunteers to test AQ with the beta version of NFS
          during the next couple of weeks. If you would like to participate,
          please send me your name and LDS Church membership number. I will need
          to get this information to FamilySearch so they can activate your
          account in their beta system. The NFS beta is slated to start November
          12. You will be using a copy of the NFS Family Tree data while you test,
          so any changes made to the NFS system will not be permanent, but it
          gives you a chance to test things you might otherwise hesitate to do,
          because you will be working with a copy of the data, rather than with
          the real Family Tree database.

          If you would like to participate, please send a private e-mail to me at
          gfindlay@..., with your first name, last name and membership
          number.

          Thanks,

          Gaylon