New build problems

  • register
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 8, 2009
      Gaylon;

      Some nice features in the recent build. A couple of problems. When I
      reconciled and then reviewed all batches I was presented with many names
      repeated many times. To have the names alphabetized was good but to have
      this done on the last name would be even better. Deleting all batches and
      reconciling again solved the duplicate problem.

      I have reconciled and then 'reviewed all'. Now if I select a single batch
      to review I am presented with the 'all' list rather than the list of names
      on the selected batch.

      But I love AQ.

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009
        Eric:

        We have found that the duplicates are caused by an error in the internal
        index of the NFS IDs in your AQ database. The new Check/Repair should
        fix this, so that in the future, the Reconcile will find the records and
        not add them to the list yet again.

        As to the single batch showing all batches, I'd have to look into this.
        I just tried this, and it worked as expected on my file. I have two
        batches -- first used the "Review All" and saw all records, then
        selected just one batch and used the "Review" button to see just the
        records of that batch. Could you double-check this, and perhaps send me
        some additional details?

        Gaylon

        register wrote:
        > Gaylon;
        >
        > Some nice features in the recent build. A couple of problems. When I
        > reconciled and then reviewed all batches I was presented with many names
        > repeated many times. To have the names alphabetized was good but to have
        > this done on the last name would be even better. Deleting all batches and
        > reconciling again solved the duplicate problem.
        >

        > I have reconciled and then 'reviewed all'. Now if I select a single batch
        > to review I am presented with the 'all' list rather than the list of names
        > on the selected batch.
        >

        > But I love AQ.
        >

        > Eric

      • register
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009

          He only problem remaining is the duplicate records when I review a batch.
          However, when I removed all batches and reconciled and reviewed all the
          problems went away. Should all batches always be removed before
          reconciling?

          Another problem. I have a record that has been synched. Now I cannot
          review, nor can I unlink. The message "FamilySearch was unable to find he
          information you requested error 404"

          I have done the check/repair.

          Eric

          register wrote:
          > Gaylon;
          >
          > Some nice features in the recent build. A couple of problems. When I
          > reconciled and then reviewed all batches I was presented with many names
          > repeated many times. To have the names alphabetized was good but to have
          > this done on the last name would be even better. Deleting all batches and
          > reconciling again solved the duplicate problem.
          >

          > I have reconciled and then 'reviewed all'. Now if I select a single batch
          > to review I am presented with the 'all' list rather than the list of names
          > on the selected batch.
          >

          > But I love AQ.
          >

          > Eric

        • register
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009
            Gaylon, an addendum. I get a second error message "unable to verify
            K4ZM-71V from FamilySearch. (guar 1)

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009
              Eric:

              NFS was down for a while tonight, about the time you got this error. I
              think that if you'll try this again, now that NFS is up again, this
              shouldn't be a problem.

              Gaylon

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009
                Eric:

                Some of what you have in your batches will come back when you reconcile,
                but NFS forgets some things. If you remove the batches, then reconcile,
                you'll certainly clean up the duplication, but you'll also possibly lose
                other information you'd rather hang onto.

                I found that if you'll view all batches at once, now that AQ
                alphabetizes the list, you can very quickly spot and remove the
                duplicates -- simply click on the duplicate name, type <Alt+M> to
                activate the "Remove" button, then type a 'Y' for "Yes". So a couple of
                keystrokes for each duplicate will clean them out very quickly.

                The other error you mention with a 404 code has to do with the fact that
                NFS was down tonight while you tried that.

                Gaylon

                register wrote:
                > Gaylon,
                >
                > He only problem remaining is the duplicate records when I review a batch.
                > However, when I removed all batches and reconciled and reviewed all the
                > problems went away. Should all batches always be removed before
                > reconciling?
                >

                > Another problem. I have a record that has been synched. Now I cannot
                > review, nor can I unlink. The message "FamilySearch was unable to find he
                > information you requested error 404"
                >
                > I have done the check/repair.
                >

                > Eric
                >

                > Eric:
                >
                > We have found that the duplicates are caused by an error in the internal
                > index of the NFS IDs in your AQ database. The new Check/Repair should
                > fix this, so that in the future, the Reconcile will find the records and
                > not add them to the list yet again.
                >
                > As to the single batch showing all batches, I'd have to look into this.
                > I just tried this, and it worked as expected on my file. I have two
                > batches -- first used the "Review All" and saw all records, then
                > selected just one batch and used the "Review" button to see just the
                > records of that batch. Could you double-check this, and perhaps send me
                > some additional details?
                >
                > Gaylon
                >
                > register wrote:
                >
                >> Gaylon;
                >>
                >> Some nice features in the recent build. A couple of problems. When I
                >> reconciled and then reviewed all batches I was presented with many names
                >> repeated many times. To have the names alphabetized was good but to have
                >> this done on the last name would be even better. Deleting all batches and
                >> reconciling again solved the duplicate problem.
                >>

                >> I have reconciled and then 'reviewed all'. Now if I select a single batch
                >> to review I am presented with the 'all' list rather than the list of names
                >> on the selected batch.
                >>

                >> But I love AQ.
                >>

                >> Eric

              • register
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 10, 2009

                  Thanks. And I guess I may have lost some information.

                  register wrote:
                  > Gaylon,
                  >
                  > He only problem remaining is the duplicate records when I review a batch.
                  > However, when I removed all batches and reconciled and reviewed all the
                  > problems went away. Should all batches always be removed before
                  > reconciling?
                  >

                  > Another problem. I have a record that has been synched. Now I cannot
                  > review, nor can I unlink. The message "FamilySearch was unable to find he
                  > information you requested error 404"
                  >
                  > I have done the check/repair.
                  >

                  > Eric
                  >

                  > Eric:
                  >
                  > We have found that the duplicates are caused by an error in the internal
                  > index of the NFS IDs in your AQ database. The new Check/Repair should
                  > fix this, so that in the future, the Reconcile will find the records and
                  > not add them to the list yet again.
                  >
                  > As to the single batch showing all batches, I'd have to look into this.
                  > I just tried this, and it worked as expected on my file. I have two
                  > batches -- first used the "Review All" and saw all records, then
                  > selected just one batch and used the "Review" button to see just the
                  > records of that batch. Could you double-check this, and perhaps send me
                  > some additional details?
                  >
                  > Gaylon
                  >
                  > register wrote:
                  >
                  >> Gaylon;
                  >>
                  >> Some nice features in the recent build. A couple of problems. When I
                  >> reconciled and then reviewed all batches I was presented with many names
                  >> repeated many times. To have the names alphabetized was good but to have
                  >> this done on the last name would be even better. Deleting all batches and
                  >> reconciling again solved the duplicate problem.
                  >>

                  >> I have reconciled and then 'reviewed all'. Now if I select a single batch
                  >> to review I am presented with the 'all' list rather than the list of
                  names
                  >> on the selected batch.
                  >>

                  >> But I love AQ.
                  >>

                  >> Eric

                • Richard Rands
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 10, 2009
                    Something very wrong is happening in NFS. I have
                    been trying to get the support team to get the
                    programmers to look at the problem, but they have
                    yet to acknowledge the problem. Nearly three
                    years ago, when our temple district was added to
                    the system, I disputed an "unknown child" record
                    that showed up in my great grandfather's
                    family. After providing sufficient documentation
                    that the child had never existed, they eventually
                    removed the record along with the dispute. That
                    was over two years ago. Last week, out of
                    nowhere, that old dispute for an "unknown child"
                    reappeared in my great grandfather's family, but
                    this time it was assigned to my grandfather -
                    whose lap I remember sitting in. I only found
                    out about it because last week my mother, who
                    lives in Utah, was being trained on the use of
                    NFS, discovered that I had disputed the existence
                    of her father. She was not happy, and her
                    instructor had her dispute my dispute! Of
                    course, that only made matters worse. I looked
                    at other family records in the system and
                    discovered that other very old disputes have been
                    replicated across multiple siblings. In
                    addition, now that the Wasatch front is coming on
                    board, one of my great greatgrandfathers has
                    suddenly gone from having nine children to having
                    23 children. Most of which have now been
                    disputed by others. The system has gone amok.

                    If there was ever an argument for having us
                    maintain our own family history in our own personal databases, NFS is it.

                    Richard Rands