Re: [AQ_NFS] track names submitted to nfs

  • Terry D. Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2009
      Dear Rivka...

      Only names that are in your AQ database can be tracked using ORTS. If
      you discover collateral lines and do not submit them through ORTS than
      you must musally track them. However, if you are on nFS and
      supplynames either to the temple or reserve them for yourself to do,
      then the reconcil procedure will bring them into your system for
      review I believe. If they were submitted to the temple they will have
      a "T" by them, and if you are responsible for the ordinances it will
      have a "M" or Me on them. My experience has been if they are temple
      submitted than your get a Temple Batch during reconcil, other wise
      your get a Legacy designation to your submissions. I'm not sure if
      ALL you submit will appear or only those that are also in AQ, but I
      think it is ALL that are submitted using your logon.

      Otherwise, they will be tracked only manually. ---- Terry

    • register
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2009
        My suggestion is to sync everyone. In doing so you will be checking for
        duplicates. You may be amazed at the number of duplicates you can combine.

        Eric

        Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] track names submitted to nfs

        <mailto:tdsfamgen100%40earthlink.net> earthlink.net> wrote:

        > From: Terry D. Smith <tdsfamgen100@ <mailto:tdsfamgen100%40earthlink.net>
        earthlink.net>
        > Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] track names submitted to nfs
        > To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups. <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com> com
        > Date: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 4:48 PM
        > Dear Riv...
        >
        > if you are using teh latest version of AQ, then you are
        > aware of the
        > ORTS tracking system. Whether you wish to do the work
        > or you have
        > released the work to the temple, the batches that you
        > created and
        > submit will be tracked in the batch processing system of
        > ORTS. Once a
        > month or more often should you wish it, you can load it up
        > and check a
        > certain batch or ALL to see the progress of the names you
        > have
        > submitted. A star "*" by an ordinance means that it
        > was completed and
        > the date is the date of the completion. Select either
        > "UPDATE LOCAL"
        > or "UPDATE ALL LOCAL" and ORTS will apply those dates to
        > your AQ
        > database, thus saving you the task of doing it
        > individually.
        >
        > I cannot stress it enough to be sure to CHECK for DUPLICTEs
        > in the
        > Reservation system BEFORE submitted names. Otherwise
        > you will only be
        > wasting your time, the temples time, and the patrons time
        > by redoing
        > DONE work. So be sure and check for DUPLICATES
        > religiously.
        > Combine/match or Merge those that are the same, and then go
        > from
        > there. It works wonderfully. And I have saved
        > TONS of time using it,
        > and have submitted 1000's of family to have their work
        > done. The
        > moment I get the baptisms and confirmations done, and the
        > recorder at
        > the temple posts them, I can come home load up ORTS, and
        > there are the
        > "*"s. At 100 girls and 100 boys a pop, my work is
        > going very very
        > quickly, and thanks to AQ it is tracked and updated very
        > nicely.
        >
        > Hope that helps ---- Terry
        >
        > On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 18:48:24 -0000, "rivkavdg" <rivkavdg@yahoo.
        <mailto:rivkavdg%40yahoo.com> com>

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 9, 2009
          I know you have received a few responses to your query. If you haven't
          already done so, I'd recommend that you first watch the Ordinance
          Reservation and Tracking System (ORTS) overview tutorial, followed by
          the ORTS full training video. You might pick up some pointers that will
          help you with your tracking efforts. AQ has a very powerful means of
          tracking both names in your AQ or PAF file, and also of finding out
          reservation information about other NFS records not stored in your local
          file.

          www.ancquest.com/Ver12-1Tutorials.htm

          Gaylon

          rivkavdg wrote:
          > Is there a way to track names submitted to nfs through AQ? I already asked the people at nfs if they have a way for me to keep track, but they don't.
          > I don't always assign the temple work to names I submit and then later feel a bit of a responsibility to make sure it gets done.
          >
          > I could probably look through my change log but my change log is set at 1000 entries. Is that the default? Is there an indefinite number of changes that can be recorded?

        • bnoff
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 17, 2009

            I think that the real question is how to track individuals you've ADDED to NFS. I don't see a way to do that either, but I think it would be a nice enhancement.

            Ben