Re: [AQ_NFS] Duplicate work in nSF??

  • Terry D. Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
      Dear Gunilla...

      If you have cards printed, I would manually write in the dates that
      the ordinaiinces were completed by the temple, and then go ahead, and
      perform the other ones. Those who are first done are first recorded,
      and you will have beat the temple, OR you can wait until they do them,
      it is up to you. Normally however, as I understand it, you should not
      be able to reserve names already reserved by the temple, so somehow
      you must have encountered a glitch.

      One of the features I have asked nFS for is that they coordinate
      better those names that are in Progress as matches or merges take
      place so that duplications can be avoided. But even a one letter
      difference can appear different to their computers so it is not unusal
      to find variant spellings that are in fact matches. So be alert to
      those.

      ---- Terry

      On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:22:38 -0700, "Gunilla Manell"
      <gmanell@...> wrote the following:

      >I have a problem that is confusing me.
      >
      >One female that I reserved for temple work through AQ, (I know I checked for
      >duplicates before hand) cleared for all of the ordinances and I got a card
      >printed out. For some reason I checked back on her after I had the card,
      >and found baptism and confirmation dates. When I "manage" batch in AQ she
      >now shows those dates, and then for the rest of the ordinances it says "In
      >Process (T)". At the end of the row it says I am responsible.
      >
      >So this is confusing me. Did the temple already reserve it, but for a
      >strange reason I was also able to reserve this? Do I rip up this card and
      >hope the ordinances will be taken care of, or should I be doing those
      >ordinances?? I will send off this question to nFS Support also.
      >

      >Thanks,
      >
      >Gunilla

      >Gunilla Manell
      >1488 NW 2 AVE
      >ONTARIO OR 97914
      >Phone# 541-889-9076
      >e-mail: <mailto:gmanell@...> gmanell@...
      >HOME PAGE URL:
      > <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/> http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/
      >FAMILY TREE HOME PAGE URL:
      > <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html>
      >http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html

      Terry D. Smith and Family
      1978 Miner Way, Las Vegas, Nevada 89104-5214

      Listen to the whisperings, they can lead you over your brick walls

      Researching the surnames: Billedeaux, Hungate, Garrett, King, Martin,
      Weale, Trickel, Armelle, Swearingen, Price, Lund, Johnson, Thomas, Eyre,
      Mihelich, Springer, Trebnik, Armentrout, Marcelain, Mayfield, Ward

      Genealogy URL: http://home.earthlink.net/~tdsfamgen100/ which links to
      http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=tsmith
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2009
        Gunilla:

        Let me add my $.02 to this discussion.

        If your card has the boxes ready for the other ordinances, this sounds
        like the original reservation was for you to handle the ordinances. To
        make sure AQ is showing the information correctly on this "Review Batch"
        screen, highlight the card, then click on the "Edit" button. This will
        let you review the exact current status of the ordinances. They should
        match what you are seeing in the Review Batch screen, but since you
        indicate that something is amiss, I'd recommend you use this second
        display to verify.

        Typically, the temples will only put one ordinance "In Progress" at a
        time. For example, if you have already handled the Baptism and
        Confirmation, but the temple has the rest, it will put the Initiatory
        "In Progress", but leave the other ordinances as "Reserved" until the
        Initiatory is completed. Once that ordinance is completed, then a temple
        could move the Endowment to "In Progress". If you are seeing "In
        Progress" for all the other ordinances, this sounds like they must be
        reserved for you, and that AQ's display is mis-reading something. Please
        use the "Edit" button to see a second opinion of the information.

        Gaylon

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2009
          For your information,

          I also submitted this same question with the name and PID of the person, and
          they e-mailed me back and said the temple had reserved initiatory, endowment
          and sealing to parents and another person had reserved the sealing to
          spouse.

          I guess I am not doing this one.

          -Gunilla

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 9, 2009
            Gunilla:

            Thanks for the info I asked for offline.

            It appears that this is a result of combining of records after you had
            reserved the ordinances. It might be interesting for you to look into
            the "Combined Records" screen of NFS and see whether the combined
            persons are really the same.

            AQ is currently showing that the Initiatory, Endowment and Seal to
            Parents were all reserved by the temple system on March 6, 2007, some
            months before NFS began operation in the first temple districts. AQ
            shows that the seal to spouse was reserved just within the last week.
            Using AQ, you will be able to see the e-mail address of the submitter
            for this, but it appears that a new couple card has been printed to
            handle the seal to spouse.

            I'm guessing that the reason your display in AQ doesn't match your cards
            is because people were combined after your cards were printed. Here is a
            history of the combines of your person. I'm sharing this with the group
            as a means of educating every one on the group as to some of the things
            that can happen when dealing with nFS:

            Original records for 9Z8C-F8F and 9XLC-G6M were combined on September 22
            of this year, forming a new record number K1WH-C3W
            This K1WH-C3W was combined with original record 9XLC-PVZ a half hour
            later, creating a new ID of K1WH-C3R
            Then K1WH-C3R was combined with original record 9XLZ-7LB on October 23,
            creating a new ID of 2SJ2-P5B
            This 2SJ2-P5B was combined with original record 9XLZ-CX5 a couple of
            minutes later, creating a new ID of 2SJ2-P11
            This 2SJ2-P11 was combined with original record MMKL-ZP4 on November 4,
            creating a new ID of 273S-GXZ

            I'm wondering if you had reserved the Initiatory and Endowment for
            9XLZ-CX5 or one of the records that made up 2SJ2-P5B before November 4,
            and somebody else had reserved ordinances for MMKL-ZP4 through
            TempleReady in 2007. When these records were combined on November 4,
            both reservations are valid, but NFS is only showing one of these. AQ
            doesn't store a complete history of ordinance reservations, so when
            records get combined after AQ records ordinance information, that
            combination can make AQ's records look like they are incorrect.

            If you were to complete the Initiatory and Endowment for this person, by
            using your card, then NFS would show that the work is done. Since these
            show that they were reserved 2 1/2 years ago via TempleReady, there's a
            chance that the other card has been lost.

            Hopefully, I didn't lose you all in the above observations.

            Gaylon