Duplicate work in nSF??

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
      I have a problem that is confusing me.

      One female that I reserved for temple work through AQ, (I know I checked for
      duplicates before hand) cleared for all of the ordinances and I got a card
      printed out. For some reason I checked back on her after I had the card,
      and found baptism and confirmation dates. When I "manage" batch in AQ she
      now shows those dates, and then for the rest of the ordinances it says "In
      Process (T)". At the end of the row it says I am responsible.

      So this is confusing me. Did the temple already reserve it, but for a
      strange reason I was also able to reserve this? Do I rip up this card and
      hope the ordinances will be taken care of, or should I be doing those
      ordinances?? I will send off this question to nFS Support also.

      Thanks,

      Gunilla

      Gunilla Manell
      1488 NW 2 AVE
      ONTARIO OR 97914
      Phone# 541-889-9076
      e-mail: <mailto:gmanell@...> gmanell@...
      HOME PAGE URL:
      <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/> http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/
      FAMILY TREE HOME PAGE URL:
      <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html>
      http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html

    • Terry D. Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2009
        Dear Gunilla...

        If you have cards printed, I would manually write in the dates that
        the ordinaiinces were completed by the temple, and then go ahead, and
        perform the other ones. Those who are first done are first recorded,
        and you will have beat the temple, OR you can wait until they do them,
        it is up to you. Normally however, as I understand it, you should not
        be able to reserve names already reserved by the temple, so somehow
        you must have encountered a glitch.

        One of the features I have asked nFS for is that they coordinate
        better those names that are in Progress as matches or merges take
        place so that duplications can be avoided. But even a one letter
        difference can appear different to their computers so it is not unusal
        to find variant spellings that are in fact matches. So be alert to
        those.

        ---- Terry

        On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:22:38 -0700, "Gunilla Manell"
        <gmanell@...> wrote the following:

        >I have a problem that is confusing me.
        >
        >One female that I reserved for temple work through AQ, (I know I checked for
        >duplicates before hand) cleared for all of the ordinances and I got a card
        >printed out. For some reason I checked back on her after I had the card,
        >and found baptism and confirmation dates. When I "manage" batch in AQ she
        >now shows those dates, and then for the rest of the ordinances it says "In
        >Process (T)". At the end of the row it says I am responsible.
        >
        >So this is confusing me. Did the temple already reserve it, but for a
        >strange reason I was also able to reserve this? Do I rip up this card and
        >hope the ordinances will be taken care of, or should I be doing those
        >ordinances?? I will send off this question to nFS Support also.
        >

        >Thanks,
        >
        >Gunilla

        >Gunilla Manell
        >1488 NW 2 AVE
        >ONTARIO OR 97914
        >Phone# 541-889-9076
        >e-mail: <mailto:gmanell@...> gmanell@...
        >HOME PAGE URL:
        > <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/> http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/
        >FAMILY TREE HOME PAGE URL:
        > <http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html>
        >http://gmanell.tripod.com/tripod/genhome.html

        Terry D. Smith and Family
        1978 Miner Way, Las Vegas, Nevada 89104-5214

        Listen to the whisperings, they can lead you over your brick walls

        Researching the surnames: Billedeaux, Hungate, Garrett, King, Martin,
        Weale, Trickel, Armelle, Swearingen, Price, Lund, Johnson, Thomas, Eyre,
        Mihelich, Springer, Trebnik, Armentrout, Marcelain, Mayfield, Ward

        Genealogy URL: http://home.earthlink.net/~tdsfamgen100/ which links to
        http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=tsmith
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2009
          Gunilla:

          Let me add my $.02 to this discussion.

          If your card has the boxes ready for the other ordinances, this sounds
          like the original reservation was for you to handle the ordinances. To
          make sure AQ is showing the information correctly on this "Review Batch"
          screen, highlight the card, then click on the "Edit" button. This will
          let you review the exact current status of the ordinances. They should
          match what you are seeing in the Review Batch screen, but since you
          indicate that something is amiss, I'd recommend you use this second
          display to verify.

          Typically, the temples will only put one ordinance "In Progress" at a
          time. For example, if you have already handled the Baptism and
          Confirmation, but the temple has the rest, it will put the Initiatory
          "In Progress", but leave the other ordinances as "Reserved" until the
          Initiatory is completed. Once that ordinance is completed, then a temple
          could move the Endowment to "In Progress". If you are seeing "In
          Progress" for all the other ordinances, this sounds like they must be
          reserved for you, and that AQ's display is mis-reading something. Please
          use the "Edit" button to see a second opinion of the information.

          Gaylon

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 9, 2009
            For your information,

            I also submitted this same question with the name and PID of the person, and
            they e-mailed me back and said the temple had reserved initiatory, endowment
            and sealing to parents and another person had reserved the sealing to
            spouse.

            I guess I am not doing this one.

            -Gunilla

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 9, 2009
              Gunilla:

              Thanks for the info I asked for offline.

              It appears that this is a result of combining of records after you had
              reserved the ordinances. It might be interesting for you to look into
              the "Combined Records" screen of NFS and see whether the combined
              persons are really the same.

              AQ is currently showing that the Initiatory, Endowment and Seal to
              Parents were all reserved by the temple system on March 6, 2007, some
              months before NFS began operation in the first temple districts. AQ
              shows that the seal to spouse was reserved just within the last week.
              Using AQ, you will be able to see the e-mail address of the submitter
              for this, but it appears that a new couple card has been printed to
              handle the seal to spouse.

              I'm guessing that the reason your display in AQ doesn't match your cards
              is because people were combined after your cards were printed. Here is a
              history of the combines of your person. I'm sharing this with the group
              as a means of educating every one on the group as to some of the things
              that can happen when dealing with nFS:

              Original records for 9Z8C-F8F and 9XLC-G6M were combined on September 22
              of this year, forming a new record number K1WH-C3W
              This K1WH-C3W was combined with original record 9XLC-PVZ a half hour
              later, creating a new ID of K1WH-C3R
              Then K1WH-C3R was combined with original record 9XLZ-7LB on October 23,
              creating a new ID of 2SJ2-P5B
              This 2SJ2-P5B was combined with original record 9XLZ-CX5 a couple of
              minutes later, creating a new ID of 2SJ2-P11
              This 2SJ2-P11 was combined with original record MMKL-ZP4 on November 4,
              creating a new ID of 273S-GXZ

              I'm wondering if you had reserved the Initiatory and Endowment for
              9XLZ-CX5 or one of the records that made up 2SJ2-P5B before November 4,
              and somebody else had reserved ordinances for MMKL-ZP4 through
              TempleReady in 2007. When these records were combined on November 4,
              both reservations are valid, but NFS is only showing one of these. AQ
              doesn't store a complete history of ordinance reservations, so when
              records get combined after AQ records ordinance information, that
              combination can make AQ's records look like they are incorrect.

              If you were to complete the Initiatory and Endowment for this person, by
              using your card, then NFS would show that the work is done. Since these
              show that they were reserved 2 1/2 years ago via TempleReady, there's a
              chance that the other card has been lost.

              Hopefully, I didn't lose you all in the above observations.

              Gaylon