track names submitted to nfs

  • rivkavdg
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2009
      Is there a way to track names submitted to nfs through AQ? I already asked the people at nfs if they have a way for me to keep track, but they don't.
      I don't always assign the temple work to names I submit and then later feel a bit of a responsibility to make sure it gets done.

      I could probably look through my change log but my change log is set at 1000 entries. Is that the default? Is there an indefinite number of changes that can be recorded?
    • Terry D. Smith
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 5, 2009
        Dear Riv...

        if you are using teh latest version of AQ, then you are aware of the
        ORTS tracking system. Whether you wish to do the work or you have
        released the work to the temple, the batches that you created and
        submit will be tracked in the batch processing system of ORTS. Once a
        month or more often should you wish it, you can load it up and check a
        certain batch or ALL to see the progress of the names you have
        submitted. A star "*" by an ordinance means that it was completed and
        the date is the date of the completion. Select either "UPDATE LOCAL"
        or "UPDATE ALL LOCAL" and ORTS will apply those dates to your AQ
        database, thus saving you the task of doing it individually.

        I cannot stress it enough to be sure to CHECK for DUPLICTEs in the
        Reservation system BEFORE submitted names. Otherwise you will only be
        wasting your time, the temples time, and the patrons time by redoing
        DONE work. So be sure and check for DUPLICATES religiously.
        Combine/match or Merge those that are the same, and then go from
        there. It works wonderfully. And I have saved TONS of time using it,
        and have submitted 1000's of family to have their work done. The
        moment I get the baptisms and confirmations done, and the recorder at
        the temple posts them, I can come home load up ORTS, and there are the
        "*"s. At 100 girls and 100 boys a pop, my work is going very very
        quickly, and thanks to AQ it is tracked and updated very nicely.

        Hope that helps ---- Terry

        On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 18:48:24 -0000, "rivkavdg" <rivkavdg@...>
        wrote the following:

        >Is there a way to track names submitted to nfs through AQ? I already asked the people at nfs if they have a way for me to keep track, but they don't.
        >I don't always assign the temple work to names I submit and then later feel a bit of a responsibility to make sure it gets done.
        >
        >I could probably look through my change log but my change log is set at 1000 entries. Is that the default? Is there an indefinite number of changes that can be recorded?
        Terry D. Smith and Family
        1978 Miner Way, Las Vegas, Nevada 89104-5214

        Listen to the whisperings, they can lead you over your brick walls

        Researching the surnames: Billedeaux, Hungate, Garrett, King, Martin,
        Weale, Trickel, Armelle, Swearingen, Price, Lund, Johnson, Thomas, Eyre,
        Mihelich, Springer, Trebnik, Armentrout, Marcelain, Mayfield, Ward

        Genealogy URL: http://home.earthlink.net/~tdsfamgen100/ which links to
        http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=tsmith
      • Rivka Van De Graaff
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2009
          If all of the names in my aq database were synced it might be easier but I try to sync names that I am sure of so that I don't perpetuate misinformation.

          I know I can keep track of names once I have submitted them for temple work (either by myself or to the temple) but sometimes in my research I run across names that are only distantly related to me (relatives of relatives). I have added some of these to nfs without submitting the names for temple work. These are the ones I'm trying to track down.

> [...]
          > AQ?  I already asked the people at nfs if they have a
          > way for me to keep track, but they don't.
          > >I don't always assign the temple work to names I submit
          > and then later feel a bit of a responsibility to make sure
          > it gets done.
          > >
          > >I could probably look through my change log but my
          > change log is set at 1000 entries.  Is that the
          > default?  Is there an indefinite number of changes that
          > can be recorded?
          > Terry D. Smith and Family
          > 1978 Miner Way, Las Vegas, Nevada  89104-5214
          >
          > Listen to the whisperings, they can lead you over your
          > brick walls
          >
          > Researching the surnames: Billedeaux, Hungate, Garrett,
          > King, Martin,
          > Weale, Trickel, Armelle, Swearingen, Price, Lund, Johnson,
          > Thomas, Eyre,
          > Mihelich, Springer, Trebnik, Armentrout, Marcelain,

        • Terry D. Smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 7, 2009
            Dear Rivka...

            Only names that are in your AQ database can be tracked using ORTS. If
            you discover collateral lines and do not submit them through ORTS than
            you must musally track them. However, if you are on nFS and
            supplynames either to the temple or reserve them for yourself to do,
            then the reconcil procedure will bring them into your system for
            review I believe. If they were submitted to the temple they will have
            a "T" by them, and if you are responsible for the ordinances it will
            have a "M" or Me on them. My experience has been if they are temple
            submitted than your get a Temple Batch during reconcil, other wise
            your get a Legacy designation to your submissions. I'm not sure if
            ALL you submit will appear or only those that are also in AQ, but I
            think it is ALL that are submitted using your logon.

            Otherwise, they will be tracked only manually. ---- Terry

            On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 10:22:39 -0800 (PST), Rivka Van De Graaff

          • register
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 7, 2009
              My suggestion is to sync everyone. In doing so you will be checking for
              duplicates. You may be amazed at the number of duplicates you can combine.

              Eric

              Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] track names submitted to nfs

              <mailto:tdsfamgen100%40earthlink.net> earthlink.net> wrote:

              > From: Terry D. Smith <tdsfamgen100@ <mailto:tdsfamgen100%40earthlink.net>
              earthlink.net>
              > Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] track names submitted to nfs
              > To: AQ_NFS@yahoogroups. <mailto:AQ_NFS%40yahoogroups.com> com
              > Date: Thursday, November 5, 2009, 4:48 PM
              > Dear Riv...
              >
              > if you are using teh latest version of AQ, then you are
              > aware of the
              > ORTS tracking system. Whether you wish to do the work
              > or you have
              > released the work to the temple, the batches that you
              > created and
              > submit will be tracked in the batch processing system of
              > ORTS. Once a
              > month or more often should you wish it, you can load it up
              > and check a
              > certain batch or ALL to see the progress of the names you
              > have
              > submitted. A star "*" by an ordinance means that it
              > was completed and
              > the date is the date of the completion. Select either
              > "UPDATE LOCAL"
              > or "UPDATE ALL LOCAL" and ORTS will apply those dates to
              > your AQ
              > database, thus saving you the task of doing it
              > individually.
              >
              > I cannot stress it enough to be sure to CHECK for DUPLICTEs
              > in the
              > Reservation system BEFORE submitted names. Otherwise
              > you will only be
              > wasting your time, the temples time, and the patrons time
              > by redoing
              > DONE work. So be sure and check for DUPLICATES
              > religiously.
              > Combine/match or Merge those that are the same, and then go
              > from
              > there. It works wonderfully. And I have saved
              > TONS of time using it,
              > and have submitted 1000's of family to have their work
              > done. The
              > moment I get the baptisms and confirmations done, and the
              > recorder at
              > the temple posts them, I can come home load up ORTS, and
              > there are the
              > "*"s. At 100 girls and 100 boys a pop, my work is
              > going very very
              > quickly, and thanks to AQ it is tracked and updated very
              > nicely.
              >
              > Hope that helps ---- Terry
              >
              > On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 18:48:24 -0000, "rivkavdg" <rivkavdg@yahoo.
              <mailto:rivkavdg%40yahoo.com> com>

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 9, 2009
                I know you have received a few responses to your query. If you haven't
                already done so, I'd recommend that you first watch the Ordinance
                Reservation and Tracking System (ORTS) overview tutorial, followed by
                the ORTS full training video. You might pick up some pointers that will
                help you with your tracking efforts. AQ has a very powerful means of
                tracking both names in your AQ or PAF file, and also of finding out
                reservation information about other NFS records not stored in your local
                file.

                www.ancquest.com/Ver12-1Tutorials.htm

                Gaylon

                rivkavdg wrote:
                > Is there a way to track names submitted to nfs through AQ? I already asked the people at nfs if they have a way for me to keep track, but they don't.
                > I don't always assign the temple work to names I submit and then later feel a bit of a responsibility to make sure it gets done.
                >
                > I could probably look through my change log but my change log is set at 1000 entries. Is that the default? Is there an indefinite number of changes that can be recorded?

              • bnoff
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 17, 2009

                  I think that the real question is how to track individuals you've ADDED to NFS. I don't see a way to do that either, but I think it would be a nice enhancement.

                  Ben