NFSCache folder

  • jayhagfeldt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
      I keep AQ and my databases on a flash drive and backup the whole flashdrive to a hard disk often. I've noticed that the NFSCache folder contains quite a bit of information and takes awhile to backup. Does anyone know what the data in this folder is used for and is it necessary to keep?

      Regards.
      Jay
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2009
        Jay:

        The folder keeps copies of the data out in NFS for the people you have
        synced with. This speeds up access next time you want to review these
        people. If you go to the "Preferences" folder under the "Tools" menu of
        AQ, then to the "FamilySearch" tab, you'll see some options for
        disabling or enabling this cache, and for clearing out these files if
        you want to. If you clear them out, but continue to use caching, you
        will see new files added to this folder again as you continue to use AQ.
        This data is not necessary -- if it is removed, AQ will read the info
        directly from NFS, but that takes longer.

        Due to a change in NFS recently, AQ is no longer using this cache as
        much as it used to, because NFS no longer provides certain information
        required by AQ to make good use of this cache. I'd recommend that you
        flush the cache.

        Gaylon

        jayhagfeldt wrote:
        > I keep AQ and my databases on a flash drive and backup the whole flashdrive to a hard disk often. I've noticed that the NFSCache folder contains quite a bit of information and takes awhile to backup. Does anyone know what the data in this folder is used for and is it necessary to keep?
        >
        > Regards.
        > Jay

      • jayhagfeldt
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 24, 2009