RE: [AQ_NFS] changed records

  • register
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 4, 2009

      That is a big help. I have used the change log since day 1 and find it
      great. Only 1 question:

      I don't understand what you mean by the version # of NFS record. This does
      not sound like the NFSID,. Or is it? Can I see the version #?

      Eric

      Subject: Re: [AQ_NFS] changed records

      Eric:

      AQ currently has three things in place to handle this. Well, 2 are fully
      in place, and the third is partially implemented.

      1) When you sync a record w/ NFS, AQ records the current version # of
      the NFS record. When you use the "Check for Changes" button, AQ compares
      these version #s against the current version # on NFS. If the NFS record
      sports a new version, then AQ lets you know that something has changed
      in the NFS record. I am not sure that this is 100% reliable, but it is a
      good start.

      2) AQ also records, when you sync w/ NFS, the current status of the main
      events in your AQ or PAF file. We hope to someday have AQ compare that
      snapshot of information with the current information in your file, so AQ
      can alert you that changes have been made on the local side. This is
      only half done, so you can't use it yet.

      3) AQ has had, for 6 years now, the ability to record details about
      every change you make to the file. This is only available for an AQ
      file. The PAF file has a form of this which will tell you which records
      have changed, but won't record the details. This less detailed form of a
      change log has been around in both AQ and PAF since 1999. In either
      case, go into the Preferences screen, then to the Database tab and turn
      on the Change Log.

      Gaylon

      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 4, 2009
        Eric:

        The version # is not the NFS PID.

        AQ does not show you the version #. It is there, and it changes whenever
        anything affects the NFS record.

        Sort of.

        Prior to the August release of NFS, the version number changed when
        anything affecting the person changed, including relationships. After
        the August release of NFS, the version number no longer changes when a
        person's relationships change, so it has a less complete meaning now.

        By the way, if you use the Family Sync screen of AQ, and notice that
        there are parents or children on the NFS side with the name of
        "Unknown", this is due to the way AQ is expecting the version # to
        change for relationships, and when it no longer does, AQ's family sync
        logic is thrown off if a relationship has changed. The work-around for
        this is to turn off NFS caching within AQ, so that AQ won't rely on the
        version number anymore. The next build of AQ will largely disable NFS
        caching so you won't have to be concerned about this.

        Gaylon

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 9, 2010
          All:

          We have just released AQ 12.1 build 24. It fixes most of the problems
          reported in build 23.

          The easiest way to get the new build is to:

          1) Run AQ
          2) Go to the "Internet" menu, then to "Check for Latest AQ Release"
          3) Once your browser shows you the page from which you can download the
          new build, close AQ
          4) Run or download the "Basic" installer.
          5) If you downloaded the installer in step 4, run it once it has
          finished downloading.

          The list of fixes and enhancements is below.

          Gaylon Findlay Incline Software

          ===============================

          *General Enhancements*

          * AQ Newsline: Each time you start AQ, it will show you news about
          the software, updates, training, or other items pertinent to family
          history.

          *General Bug Fixes*

          * Family View: The display of Age at marriage and death, introduced
          in build 23, sometimes did not fit in the display box. Fixed.

          *Enhancements to nFS Features*

          * Login to NFS: The new "LDS Account" is now accepted by Ancestral
          Quest. NOTE: This was not a change made to AQ, but by FamilySearch about
          the same time as this build was released. (Even if you still keep build
          23, you should be able to login to NFS with the LDS Account.)
          * Group Link: If you link groups of individuals through the Group
          Link feature, and choose the "Link Only" option, this will now process
          much more quickly.

          *Bug Fixes to nFS Features*
          NOTE: All the following bugs were introduced in build 23 as a result of
          changes both to NFS and to AQ. These bugs were not present in earlier
          versions. They have all been fixed in build 24.

          * Login by non-LDS Users: The login failed for users with an NFS
          account who were not members of the LDS faith -- there is a difference
          in how the login is completed in new.familysearch.org. Fixed.
          individuals in the FamilySearch database -- most common with IOUSs -- AQ
          might crash during the load. Fixed.
          * Adding Parents: In the Family Sync screen, if you added two new
          parents from NFS to a child in your file, and also added parent to child
          facts, AQ would successfully add the parents, then crash when trying to
          record the parent to child facts. Fixed.
          * Adding Person to NFS: If you added a person from your local file
          to NFS, and this person had a gender of Unknown, the gender was not
          written to the FamilySearch record. Fixed.
          * Auto Syncing Family Members: If, in builds of AQ 12.1 previous to
          23, you had selected the option to automatically sync data, then you had
          hidden the option screen for this selection, AQ would crash when trying
          to sync a local record with the NFS record. Fixed.
          * Delete of NFS Person: Some relationships to the person might not
          have been deleted at the time the person itself was removed. Fixed.
          * Connecting of Spouses in NFS: If you had parents in your local
          file for an individual, and FamilySearch had records of the same
          parents, but did not have them linked as parents in NFS, AQ attempts to
          link the NFS records together as child and parents. This was failing in
          build 23. Fixed.
          * Legacy Contributions: If you had claimed legacy submissions as
          your own, AQ would not allow you to modify or remove data from the
          submissions under a prior different ID. Fixed.
          * Relationship Facts: While you could add relationshp facts to NFS
          using AQ's Family Sync screen, you could not modify or delete them. Fixed.
          * Linking Spouses: If you had previously linked two NFS spouses
          together, then deleted the relationship using NFS, AQ was unable to link
          them back together. Fixed.
          * Gender: If you were the contributor of the gender of a person, AQ
          should have allowed you to change the gender. It didn't in build 23. Fixed.
        • Scott Scheibe
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 10, 2010
            At 11:11 PM 4/9/2010, Gaylon Findlay wrote:

            I have not been able to get either version to install. It starts and
            then ends with this error " 1607 unable to install shield scripting runtime."

            Scott Scheibe
            <mailto:dsscheibe@...>
            <http://scottsworld.info> Scott's website
            <http://dsscheibe.blogspot.com> Scott Blog
            <http://members.cox.net/dsscheibe/vws/> Scott's Weather Station
            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 15, 2010
              All:

              We released a new build 27 of AQ 12.1 earlier today. This build
              initiates a new era for Ancestral Quest. Prospective users can now
              download Ancestral Quest Basics absolutely free. We have done away with
              the 60-day trial period. For those of you who have already registered
              your copy of AQ, you wouldn't need to upgrade to this build for this
              adjustment.

              We also fixed two issues that crept up as a result of the December 2010
              release of New FamilySearch this last Monday. And there were a few other
              minor fixes and enhancements.

              The list is below,

              Gaylon

              * General Enhancements

              Translation to non-English Languages: Moved several text items to the
              translation tables.

              * Enhancements to nFS Features

              Manage Batches: Added a 'Find' button that lets you search for an
              individual. If the individual is in one of the batches, the batch will
              be highlighted for you.

              * Bug Fixes to nFS Features

              Review and Synchronize FamilySearch Person with Local Person screen: A
              bug was introduced in build 26, wherein if you stretched this screen
              extremely wide, the check boxes could cover up part of the dates. Fixed.

              LDS Ordinance Reservation screen: A bug was introduced in build 26,
              wherein if you had checked the "Keep Together" box, but selected any
              ordinance other than Baptism, then the other ordinances would adjust to
              the selection, but Baptism would not. Fixed.

              95 Year Rule: Starting with the December 2010 release of nFS (12/13/10),
              notifications about the 95 year rule were issued when AQ checked the
              status of ordinances. AQ improperly showed this notice each time you
              reviewed a person who had died within the last 95 years. Fixed.

              Logout: With the December 2010 release of nFS (12/13/10), AQ was no
              longer able to logout from its connection with nFS. This didn't cause a
              problem, as this almost always happened as the user exited the program.
              But AQ presented a message indicating that there was a problem. AQ now
              properly logs out.
            • Margaret Thompson
              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 15, 2010

                I am running Win7-64bit. When I try to run build 27 it tells me the program
                is not a Win32 application. Tried running it from the web and also saving
                the file and running it off the HDD. Help would be appreciated.

                Margaret

                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 18, 2010
                  Several questions this morning.

                  1. Does AQ deal with nFS discussions in any way?
                  2. Upon checking for changes AQ does not appear to recognize changed
                  ordinances as a change, nor discussions as a change.

                  I hope someone can shed some light on this.

                  Eric

                  -----

                  No virus found in this message.