Re: 2 Questions about nFS data

  • brunkbhx
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 27, 2009
      --- In AQ_NFS@yahoogroups.com, Gaylon Findlay <gfindlay@...> wrote:

      <snip>

      Thanks to all who cleared up these mysteries.

      Jim
    • Mike St. Clair/ST
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 28, 2009
        I've noticed that when syncronizing a record in AQ with nFS, the date of Sealing to Parents is shown on the nFS side but there is a note that says [see Parents/Siblings for details]. I remember at some time in the past seeing a button at the bottom on this screen that allowed looking at Parents/Siblings, but that doesn't seem to appear for me any more. Which prevents the ability to add that official SP date to my AQ database. There must be a simple answer to this somewhere, but I haven't found it.

        Any suggestions appreciated.

        Mike St. Clair

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 28, 2009
          Mike:

          The "Review Individual with NFS" screen, as you've noticed, only allows
          you to sync individual events and ordinances. When you are in "Review"
          mode, after you've already linked the local record with the NFS record,
          you will have access to the "Parents/Sibling" button. When you use this
          same screen during a Manual Sync, that button is unavailable.

          Here are two suggestions:

          1) If you want to go to the Parents/Siblings screen, first complete the
          Manual Sync, then review the individual to get access to this button

          2) Prior to the Manual Sync operation, you would have been in the
          "Match" screen, where you are trying to decide whether your local person
          is the same as any of the NFS individuals from the list of possible
          matches. If you have LDS Data options turned on in Preferences (which
          you probably do), and also turn on the option to view LDS ordinance data
          in the Match process (which is off by default), then you'll have access
          to an LDS button on the Match screen. This button brings up a screen
          that will allow you to transfer any LDS Ordinance information from the
          potential matching record in NFS to your local record -- both individual
          ordinances and sealings.

          Gaylon